Wow! We owe the Congo Bongo such a huge thank you for making our dream wedding in Manzanillo a reality. From our first contact and all the way through until we said our final goodbyes, Daan, family, and staff ensured every detail of our week-long stay was perfect!
Our idea was simple. Invite all of our 30 wedding guests on a week long vacation with us to Costa Rica, which ended in us getting married on Manzanillo Beach. That said, we rented all six of the houses for a week of family, friends, and fun. When we got to the Congo Bongo, Daan was there to personally greet us and help all 32 guests get settled in. The staff took care of every need. From helping us book excursions to leading nature walks, and even doing our laundry, we had truly exceptional service in the jungle.
The wedding itself was spectacular! The staff was there to work with all of my vendors and ensure they had access to the space. They even raked the sand at the beach so everything would be perfect for the ceremony. It was so special to get married with the Caribbean waves as our soundtrack while the howler monkeys looked on from the trees.
The amazing beauty of the open-air Long House was perfect for our reception. Daan and team did extra work for us to manicure the foliage around the house so everything would be just right. The large open-air porch of the house was ideal for setting up all the dinner tables and a bar. Plenty of space! And very little needed to be done as far as decorations since each house is filled with amazing artwork. The wedding and reception were even better than I could have dreamed.
I don't know that I can ever repay the Congo Bongo for the kindness they showed us. They made this very special life event everything I ever wanted and more.
This is an adventure we, nor any of our guests, will ever forget! THANK YOU CONGO BONGO!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Congo Bongo is located in the Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge on the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica and surrounded by a rich variety of flora and fauna. The beautiful Caribbean Sea is just a few steps away. We have seven fully equipped ecolodges accommodating between three and seven guests. You will enjoy the peace and quiet of the tropical jungle and you will live an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Congo Bongo Ecolodges Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Congo Bongo Hotel Manzanillo
- Congo Bongo Ecolodges Costa Rica Manzanillo