The great: location, great atmosphere, friendly staff, unique rooms. Day trip to Puerto Viejo is great, beach hammocks, restful, zip lines and being awoken by howler monkeys each morning, adbundant wildlife and suprisingly flying insects were not problem
The good: The food (at best good). Weather - rough seas, too rough for snorkeling.
The bad: The lunch hamburgers (I've had great burgers in Central Am before so no excuse), having to pay for drinking water (a pet peave - I stay in a nice $30/night room in Guatemala and have free water - here... walk to the Teinda in Manzanillo and buy severla liters.)
A little overpriced especially for the food. To remote to walk to Puerto Viejo for night out bu a quick, safe car ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almonds and Corals, nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, offers three in one unique destinations, because it is part an exclusive Caribbean beach resort, part a safari camp and part an eco-conscious boutique hotel. The owners are devoted to offer one-of-a-kind accommodations awaiting your arrival and a unique sensory experience that promotes harmony between inner and outer self. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almonds and Corals Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Manzanillo
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Costa Rica/Manzanillo