I was a bit worried before arrival because there had been some negative reviews on here a while back, but Almonds and Corals exceeded all of our expectations. If you want a beautiful, low key, natural setting with outstanding personal service, this is your place.
We have 2 kids, 10 and 14, with my husband and I. We all loved it, even though the weather in Oct was marginal. The new managment in mid-2005 was making great progress on improvements, and it was their personal attention that made all the difference. (My husband is afraid of heights, so Peter the co-manager took the zipline tour with us to make sure we survived).
Ask about a local guide named Florentino who can take you on an amazing private hiking tour in the jungle, filled with bugs and fruits and animals.
Not for people who want a sterile hotel atmosphere or gourmet restaurant, but if you really want to explore, this is outstanding. The outdoor bar with pool table was a great place for guests to gather and talk at night. When we were there, plans were in place to add a pool, but don't know if it was done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almonds and Corals, nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, offers three in one unique destinations, because it is part an exclusive Caribbean beach resort, part a safari camp and part an eco-conscious boutique hotel. The owners are devoted to offer one-of-a-kind accommodations awaiting your arrival and a unique sensory experience that promotes harmony between inner and outer self. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almonds and Corals Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Manzanillo
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Costa Rica/Manzanillo