I was referred to AyC by a friend, and I am so glad I took her advise to go. It was such a unique experience staying in the jungle! The sounds that filled the night and the morning were awe inspiring.
When the jungle crept into my room uninvited in the form of ants (ick!), the staff took care of it right away. I think my new best friend is Angel in the restaurant. He told me about the "sloths' house" on the path, and when I reported back that I didn't find any, he dropped everything and walked down there with me to find some. And yup, they were there!
As much as I enjoyed the staff, I really appreciated the personal attention of the owner, Marco. He was so knowledgable, I loved talking with him about Tico culture and things to do in the area. He went the extra mile to make arrangements for a tour for my husband and me.
For a unique experience, I would heartily recommend almonds and corals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almonds and Corals, nestled amongst the exuberant jungle of Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, offers three in one unique destinations, because it is part an exclusive Caribbean beach resort, part a safari camp and part an eco-conscious boutique hotel. The owners are devoted to offer one-of-a-kind accommodations awaiting your arrival and a unique sensory experience that promotes harmony between inner and outer self. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Almonds and Corals Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Manzanillo
- Almonds And Corals Hotel Costa Rica/Manzanillo