“11000 Colones in this place $30”
Review of Soda Mima

Soda Mima
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Cuisines: Costa Rican
London, United Kingdom
“11000 Colones in this place $30”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The food was nice, the service was a bit slow, because it was a busy day for them. A lady helped us to serve the food. She brought the bill when we were planning to leave. The food cost 11000 Colones with all the taxes and service charges. As we had dollars, I asked ( even if I knew we had to pay around $22 dollars) how much would it be in Dollars? She said straight away $30. We asked back if she was sure and she said yes, of course...

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank allinme

Orlando, Florida
“mixed feelings”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food was delicous but I had a stomach ache after eating. It could have been from a different meal/day though so I wasnt sure if I should say so in a a review. The bathroom was not very nice in my opinion. The fruit juice was delicious and my favorite part.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Traveladventure33
Tortuguero, Costa Rica
“Awesome casados and patacones!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at Maxi's soda the first day and were so horribly disappointed that we ate at Mima the second day. You wouldn't think much to look at the place, but the food was authentic, delicious, and way cheaper than Maxi's.

I had a cadaso with red snapper filet, my friend a casado with slow-cooked chicken thigh, and my husband a casado with chicken breast. I tried all three, and they were all fantastic. You really don't expect such tasty food from a simple soda, but this was probably the best casado I've ever had since living in Costa Rica for the last 6 years. The service was no-frills but very attentive and friendly enough.

Just writing this review is making my mouth water! I will definitely return next time I'm in town.

Visited May 2013
Tortuguero, Limon,
“Good”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

this is a place that you can call authentic Costa Rican Soda.
We went to Manzanillo to enjoy the beach for a couple days, and we had the lunch here.
The place is pretty basic, but the quality of the food is good. Thats was the real Costarican "Casado".
Comparing this place with "Maxis", the price and quality are better.
As different with PV this area don't have a lot of options. So, I think that, if you're looking for normal CR meal, This is the right place.

• Visited May 2013
Nelson, Canada
“A must for breakfast”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A great little soda. It opens at 6 a.m. so if you are taking a 7 o'clock bus you have time to eat a great "tipico" breakfast. The coffee alone is worth the stop-- strong and hot! Regret that we didn't eat other meals there as well.

• Visited March 2013