“Bird & Fishing tour”
Review of Bucus Tours

Bucus Tours
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Manzanillo
More attraction details
Owner description: Omar Cook will be your guide for the most of the tours, he is a Manzanillo resident.Who has worked for many years as a trained and certified jungle guide.Omar has expertise in these ranges bird identification, botany animal and plant habits but also in geography of the entire country of Costa Rica.We offer Jungle hikes, Bird watching, Gandoca Lagoon kayak tour, See the Leatherback turtle, Snorkling, Dolphin tours, Indian reserve tour and a lot more adventure tours.
Angers
“Bird & Fishing tour”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

After two weeks of hiking to find toucans without success, we decided to make the birds tour with Omar (Bucus tours): a great idea! More than 2 species of Toucans, we saw more than thirty different birds. Then we go fishing and caught lots of red fish and a small shark! Omar find a restaurant to cook them for us... One of the best memories of our trip!

Mikael & Nelly
France

Visited August 2011

Jericho, Vermont, United States
“A depth of knowledge matched only by the beauty of the country”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My family of five was treated to an absolute delight in our jungle tour with Omar. From ants to snakes to spiders to sloths to birds to plants and trees, Omar was a true wealth of knowledge. And beyond that, he was able to share that knowledge at a level that was great for our kids and still interesting to my wife and I. After our great day with him I decided to hire him again for two days of birding. With his help I was able to add over 100 species to my life list in two days, and at one point I was delighted to see that he got just as excited at identifying a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, a bird I see regularly in my woods, as I was to see a Tiny Hawk or Snowy Cotinga. By the end of our week in CR we felt a deep connection with the village of Manzanillo solely through his warmth and hospitality, and spent our last meal with him and his lovely wife and daughter at Maxi's. What a fantastic trip and made all the richer by Omar. Thank you, Omar!! Pura vida!!!

Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“inspring tour”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Omar took us on a tour with 13 high school students. he was not only fun to be with he was educational, role model, and inspiring. thank you so much for your time and energy.

Visited May 2011
Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A highlight of our trip to Costa Rica”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our jungle tour with Omar was definitely one of the highlights of our visit. Starting out with the smells and tastes of a tropical garden -- ylang ylang, citronella, quinine, miracle fruit -- and then venturing into the forests to see the monkeys, snakes, and the spectacular trees. Omar has so much knowledge to share -- we definitely learned a lot from him and had a great hike!

Visited March 2012
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly, entertaining and down to earth”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Manzanillo in November of 2011 and Omar was recommended to us by the owner of the resort we were staying at. Our first tour was a nature walk through Manzanillo and at the end of the tour, we both agreed we only wanted to book with Omar for the rest of our vacation. Omar knows more about Manzanillo than most because he has lived there his whole life. His perspective on life was refreshing and he truly made our vacation memorable. Omar also set up a fishing excursion for us, took us kayaking through the local lagoon, we toured the indigenous community, learnt how to make chocolate, swam in a beautiful waterfall and he took us out for a snorkelling excursion. In the 2 weeks we spent in Manzanillo, a number of those days were spent with Omar and I can honestly say he made our trip. It was nice to be able to tour with the same person, because we didn't hear the same stories or information over and over again. We were able to build a friendship, which made the excursions less of a business arrangement and more of a social gathering. Thank you Omar for maing our trip so memorable!

Visited November 2011