“Very poor service.”
Review of Maxi's Restaurant

Maxi's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Very poor service.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My friends and I visited here for lunch during a day trip to Manzanillo from Puerto Viejo. The waitress couldn't really have been any less untested in serving us despite us being amongst the only people in the restaurant. There were also far too many flies around that kept landing on our food and drinks and this quickly became very annoying. The Red Snapper that 2 of us had was actually ok, not amazing just ok. The "half chicken" that one of my friends ordered however was an absolute disgrace. When it came it was just a very scrawny chicken drumstick and a lousy bit of rice. It was as though they had ran out of chicken but just couldn't be bothered to say anything and just decided to serve it anyway.

We won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mark O

“Good food, lousy service”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I had one of the best meals of my vacation here! Too bad the service was so bad. We wandered into the restaurant and chose a table. Waiters noticed we were there but walked by us without acknowledging or welcoming us. A couple came in after us and sat, and they were given menus promptly. After quite some time a young man came and gave us our menus. Whew finally--service!

I had the mixed grill kebobs, and they were so good!! They came on a plate that seemed to overflow with food, and trust me I was hungry so it was a good thing!

It's a shame Maxi's is the only restaurant in town. I think a little competition would help them step up theIr game.

• Visited June 2013
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
“No Carlos and Charlies but Nice”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Maxis is no Carlos and Charlie's but Talamanca is no Cozumel either. Food was real good and service was excellent and friendly.

1 Thank MIKE R
London, United Kingdom
“Food okay, service poor”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

When you are in Manzanillo there are not a lot of places to choose from and this is the biggest. We went on a quiet lunchtime out of season (June14). The food was good if a little pricey and there was plenty of it. Costs on menus do not include either the 10%service charge nor the 13% sales tax taking an already pricey meal over the top. Cost over US$40 for 2 meals, 2 beers and a lemonade. Have to endorse what others are saying about the staff. Surly to the point of rudeness. No reason for it as here were more staff than customers so they were hardly rushed.

London
“Drop the attitude”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The food is ok, a bit better than expected although pricey. When you add the 13% tax and 10% service, it is not worth it. The biggest problem is the service. The waitress probably said 2 words to us and when she brought me the wrong order and I asked for it to be changed, she just grabbed it in a huff. They really need to drop the attitude. Unfortunately there's not much choice in manzanillo but there's a supermarket so I know where I'll eat next time...