“great food”
Review of Maxi's Restaurant

Maxi's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was staying in Punta Uva for 4 days and ate at Maxi's 2x. The food is great. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to Maxi's as it is one of the most recommended places to eat in Costa Rica's South Caribbean. The first time I ate there, the food was superb, we ordered rice n beans with red snapper, with a side of patacones and salad. One of my friends ate a rondon (typical soup with seafood and floury vegetables, such as yuca and tiquisque) and it was the best rondon I've ever tasted. The service is not that good, the waitress was kind of upset, we don't know why. The second time we went, we ordered a rondon, but inexplicably it was not as near as good as the first one. We saw the upset waitress again and this time she was a little bit nicer, but still upset.

Among the good things of Maxis we have the location, which is right at the beach in Manzanillo , therefore you have a great view of the beach while you eat. I think it is kind of expensive though, I think that you can get cheaper but still good food in the Caribbean.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

From reading the previous reviews, it would seem as though no one would recommend Maxi's. I stayed in Mananillo for a couple of days with a group from school. Maxi's was the spot that we always wanted to go. They had music and entertainment and were ALWAYS welcoming. The food was very good. As for the service, my only advice is that you're on island time. Go to Maxi's for the experience and maybe make sure that you are not starving upon arrival.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great place to watch the locals from the second floor. Food was good and reasonably priced. Try the Casado

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Although advertised as typical Costa Rican food, it's a poor place with meaningless meals. Avoid when traveling with kids.