All reviews gas fire outstanding food drawing room sunday lunch from start to finish an overnight stay cod course dinner warm welcome lovely grounds antrim coast rooms are spacious both nights first class special thanks second to none afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ardtara just gets better and better.

This was our forth visit. From the greeting at the front door on our arrival from Valerie to checkout by Scott, everyone was so friendly and helpful.

And the food was amazing, not surprising as Ian Orr himself was the chef.

Our room was perfect, overlooking the tennis court.

We can’t wait to go back again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SeanM5517, General Manager at Ardtara Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It's just lovely to hear that the effort we are putting into the hotel is appreciated!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

6 of us had afternoon tea at Ardtara and had an absolutely wonderful time! The selection of food was amazing - soup, chicken bonbons, potato bread fries (delicious!) Plus a selection of sandwiches followed by scones and sweet pastries - so much food that we couldn't finish it all but they packaged it up and sent it home with us!
The service was great and it was amazing value for money!! I would highly recommend this for a nice day out with friends or family!
My only suggestion would be to have the option of different teas, but a very minor thing in an otherwise brilliant day!

Trip type: Traveled with family
SeanM5517, General Manager at Ardtara Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

I told you the potato bread fries were amazing!! Thank you for posting your lovely review and I'm happy that we were able to help the 'hen' celebrate. Please just ask for our tea selection the next time you are here- we have some wonderful blends provided by Freebird Teas.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

Lovely spacious room, beautiful bathroom, peaceful and relaxing surroundings. Service was wonderful from start to finish. We had visited for dinner in the past, but would heartily recommend staying over. It was a real treat. The manager, Sean, was very attentive, our evening meal was delicious from start to finish and breakfast was also delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Room tip: We had a beautiful bathroom - room 8!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for this Anne - I'm blushing here! It was just lovely to have you stay with us. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back home to Ardtara very soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

My husband booked a BBQ demonstration and overnight stay here for me as a surprise treat for a special birthday, and it was very special.Everything about the stay was great, the welcome, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.Our room was very spacious ,well appointed, with a view over the garden and very comfortable bed .The BBQ demonstration was fun and informative,the inclement weather meant we sat inside to watch this but that didn't spoil anything.We ate the same menu as was demonstrated and it was delicious.We enjoyed a good nights sleep in the quiet.Breakfast was equally delicious and there was a good selection.I very much enjoyed the eggs benedict.Would highly recommend Ardtara house for a special occasion

Room tip: room with a view of the garden
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SeanM5517, General Manager at Ardtara Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

It was lovely to have you and Alastair with us on Thursday night, and I'm delighted we were able to help you celebrate your birthday. Thank you for your kind words; now you have found us I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back home to Ardtara very soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

We have dined here before occasionally and always found the service and menu to be of the best quality. When booking our table by phone I was impressed that the staff member remembered us and gave me full attention.

We were taken to the lounge directly on arrival and though I had booked for 'Early Bird' I was able to pick my starter Crispy Beef from the early bird menu with mains and dessert from the full menu.

As a special treat we had opted for the Fillet Steak and each were prepared perfectly to our satisfaction and delivered together despite our different preferences.

We were not rushed nor are the waiting staff overbearing but rather they are attentive and seemed genuinely interested in how you are enjoying your meal.

It is this attention to detail that marks Ardtara House out for our special occasions and a reason that we continue to return.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SeanM5517, General Manager at Ardtara Country House, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Thank you Mike, not only for taking the time to write a review, but also that it is so positive. Both the kitchen team and our front of house staff do want to make sure our guests have the finest experience here at Ardtara and I'm glad that it shows!

We will see you soon I hope.