“OMNI-INFO” 5 of 5 bubbles

A parallel universe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“OMNI-INFO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

BUYING TIX: many deals are posted on CB's website in Corean only plus CB has coupons running on the many coupon websites that cater to Corean residents. If you can, ask a native. The savings for each tix is significant before July (beginning of summer vacation for kids). Kids' tix reqd student ID. We didn't have any, but they let us go bc the kids (8 and 13) didn't look close to any cut-off.

EVEN IF MIDWEEK - GO EARLY! When we got to the entrance at 9:30 (opening time), there was already a long line of young couples. Early in the a.m., we got on many rides before they became 1hr+ waits. It started to rain in the a.m. (as projected) so the crowds thinned out. It was cold, but worth it for the short wait times.

WEATHER: it's colder than the city here so make sure you check the weather and come prepared.

GETTING THERE - BUS INFO: we rode the 5002 and got on at 8 am. Confirmed with driver that it was going to Everland. Bus info in English on the city's site had the bus route (which was also posted on the bus wall). These do NOT include every stop. IMPT TIP: you must either read Corean or tell the bus driver to let you know when you get to Everland. If you can read Corean, watch the screens on the bus for your stop and push the black, bell button (located every few feet, above the window) to let the driver know to stop. Most of our bus got off at Everland.

EVERLAND SHUTTLE BUS: upon exiting the bus, follow the crowd to the shuttle bus stop. Takes about 10 minutes to Everland. Upon exiting, walk to the right and you'll see Caribbean Bay's entrance.

BAGS SEARCHED - they're looking for food, but it was a cursory search.

CLOTHING: cap rule not enforced, but we had bandanas just in case. Women wore all kinds of suits inc righteous 2-pieces, just no thongs/G's. On some non-raft, fast rides, men could not wear anything on top, and non-swimwear was prohibited. What I found most interesting: women in heels, full make-up inc their false lashes, hair nicely coiffed, wearing long flowing dresses over their swimsuits! ... At a water park!!! Enough said.

BUY BAY COINS BRACELET: upon entering, you can put money on a scannable, wearable bracelet. Any remaining funds will be refunded at any Bay Coins desk. This will allow you to purchase food, lockers (free with a 500 won deposit), chairs, etc.

RENT A LOCKER: if you're taking your wallet, phone, etc., you should get a locker. If you have little kids (under 7-ish) get an inside locker in the male or female locker rooms. If you have older kids, you'll be spending most of your time outside so get a locker in a male/female locker room outside.

WATERPROOF POCKET: many people had their phones in these waterproof pockets to take pics/video. Back in the states, I bought a substandard one, and it leaked all over my electronic car key. $150 later ... Lesson learned.

CHAIR RENTAL: there's no place to put your towels, sunscreen, etc. (stuff you need accessible; lockers would be too out of the way) so you're almost forced to rent a chair. (17,000 won- yes, you read that correctly.). And there's many staff who are assigned the chair area to police the rentals. Each chair is numbered. You rent by the wave pool, take the tix and the gold bracelet to the chair police, pick a chair with them, and then they write-up your bracelet. If it rains, you cannot change your chair to an inside location. Technically, there's only suppose to be 1 bracelet holder/chair. They allowed us to temporarily use adjacent chairs when the kids were quickly eating their ice cream, but I saw them kick out people who we're camping out.

HUT (CABANA) RENTAL? Starts at 60,000 won. I saw people bring in huge ice chests into their cabanas. When I asked staff if outside food was allowed in the cabanas, they said only fruit (wth?). When I peaked in to see what food was in the huts, it was fruit and definitely other stuffs. It saves you money if you are in a group, rent a hut, bring in lunch, and avoid the chair rental. If you can, have a native call and ask about this.

FOOD: the "BBQ Rotisserie" place ran out of their chicken plates. ?!?! We ended up eating upstairs inside at the restaurant. It was not air cond'd! Food was so-so at best, ok prices compared to Disneyland or comparable amusement parks. Found a string of food places where you rent the life jackets next to the wave pool.

RIDE ATTENDANTS AT FRONT WILL INFORM YOU OF WHAT'S ALLOWED: some rides allow you to hold your glasses, life jacket, camera, etc. while on the ride. There are free lockers at the entrances of rides, but FYI the entrances are not near the exits.

AQUA LOOP CLOTHING STRICTLY ENFORCED (the one where you loop upside down): no men's tops, no lace swimwear, women must be in a 1 or 2 piece (no board shorts), no handheld items. Strings on the sides of my suit were allowed.

AL has no wait (5 mins) bc people are too freaked out. Frankly, I thought this ride was good, but not up to the hype. I didn't know I was upside down bc you're going fast, and there's lots of water being sprayed where you can't see. Best part was the countdown and the floor dropping from you.

WAVE POOL: requires life vests if you go passed a certain point. Rental is 3,000 won. Big, big waves that you can't take advantage of bc of the life vests. Argh.

QUALITY OF RIDES: I'd say comparable to Raging Waters or Wild Rivers except much, much cleaner! I liked that the rides were different than what you'd find in the States. Our 2 kids had a blast! May just return to CB during our next visit!

Visited June 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun & Safe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Finally got to visit this place, as a family we are not into swimming ( except for my son ) but i felt we needed to give it a go this time. The facilites were clean, the water in all the pools were clean.The wave pool was our favorite. Sad that we only tried 1 loop pool bec. I was so afraid to try the others maybe nextime. It is a bit expnesive but because i have children, safety is my primary concern and happy to say that it was worth it. The lifeguards was so alert in all areas not just standing all day doing nothing, thumbs up for them. Safety reminders were all over the place. Overall it was an awesome palce esp. with the family though you have to allot 20 -30 mins waiting time to have a go on most slides & loop pools.

Visited June 2014
Seoul, South Korea
“Brilliant Water Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I really really enjoyed this place, one of the best water park I've been too. I was in Korea for a few weeks, at first I thought it was a bit expensive but then a friend told me about this coupon website where you can save money. I site was in English too which was a bonus, you don't really get many English sites there. The is www.couponskorea.com, some good deals on there.

Visited May 2014
Yongin, South Korea
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great facilities, but too many people.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The facilities are nice, but there are too many people. You should keep in mind that you have to wait at least 15~30min for a ride, and 5~10min for a burger at lunch time. Wave pools are pretty fun, and those inside and outside slides are awesome! Take with your kids. :)

Visited August 2013
Durban, South Africa
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Splash fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great day out, lovely facilities and more than enough to keep us busy. We went on Chuseok to treasure advantage of the foreigner discount and despite being national holiday time, it wasn't too busy to enjoy ourselves.

Would love to try it in the summer when all the big rides are operational. loved the riverway and the bade pool. tube and body slides also lots of fun.

Visited September 2013