“sumptuous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Balay Cena Una

Balay Cena Una
Ranked #12 of 259 Restaurants in Bicol Region
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
tabaco city, philippines
“sumptuous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

we're based in tabaco but we got to dine at balay cena una for the first time, just a few weeks ago. we were with a group of college friends who visited from abroad and manila. we were fortunate to have dined with their special eat-all-you-can buffet. (we were informed that they offer this every sunday noon). my kids enjoyed the variety of salads and of course the dessert. they had a grand time choosing which special ingredient to place as they made their own halo-halo. I loved their main courses most especially their sweet and sour fish. the ambiance is tops. great for photo ops. would definitely take our friends back their soon.

• Visited August 2013

Manila, Philippines
“Visit to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you're in Albay, it is definitely a must to eat at Cena Una. We ordered three recommended dishes, the Laing Pasta, Chicken Tinutungan, and this fish with sauce (the best for me actually!). For dessert, we had chocolate cake, blueberry cheesecake, and mango cheesecake. The dessert was not bad as well! Oh before I forget, their rice is shaped like Mount Mayon! It is great to eat at Cena Una because of the Spanish atmosphere combined with the good food that they serve. Prices are similar to average priced restaurants in Manila (250 plus), hence, there should be no hesitation in trying out great food, Bicol style.

• Visited February 2013
Makati, Philippines
“Back to the past? in a good old fashion new way..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Read a lot about this place, one that you don't and should not miss when in Legazpi.
Old house as the name implies - Balay Cena Una. i liked the ambiance, old times, just like when the prayles and the time of Aguinaldo and Rizal.
This place is amazin at night, yellow lights, big windows they even have a dedicated person who opens the door for you...
This is a foodie heaven especially the sweets, my o my the sweets from Mayon Volcano Chocolate boulders (balls of chocloate rolled in chocolate sprinkles topped with whipped cream--yumm) to spicy apple desserts, cheese cakes are a must try this is the chef's specialty.
Pasta for the brave one, try the laing pasta taste like pesto pasta but a hint of taro leaves taste.
Affordable really it did not break my budget since this is a budget trip.. i spent around 900php for 3 persons, we had our tables full.

p.s. this place is amazing at night, bring your cameras, photo opp and it has lots of antigue things on shelves.

Visited April 2013
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“1 of Bicol's finest restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I love cheesecakes and they have the best cheesecake in Bicol!
The Cena Una Pasta is a must try.
Mayon can be seen upstairs, just a part of it though.

The place is like a new antique house, something like that. Get a visit, you'll get much of what you pay for + the experience. We'll definitely go back there soon.

• Visited April 2013
Manila, Philippines
“A Gem in Bicol!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife has told me about this restaurant in Legaspi City and we got the chance to try it during our latest Bicol trip in February.
I was amazed by how masterfully designed the interior was - I thought I was in Makati or Malate with the fine old Spanish ambience.
The food is just perfect - from the plate setting to the actual taste. They had a wide range of protein and also some pasta dishes. I cannot name the best dish as they all were very good.
But the winner are the dessert - especially the cheesecake, it was just so creamy.
My wife loved their coffee brewed out of slightly burnt rice - a local brew.
They have a large area reserved for social events like weddings.
They also serve a Sunday brunch special. I don't remember the price, but with the quality of food it is a real steal!

• Visited February 2012