My fiancee and I stayed at Dolphin Bay for 3 nights during the first two weeks of September. Overall, we had a wonderful experience at the B&B. The B&B’s owner Erika was very responsive with e-mails from the get-go and transparent about what to expect before making the booking. As other reviews will attest, the B&B is located in a remote area, completely away from civilization, and I would be surprised if anyone complained because of Erika’s forthright honesty about what to expect from the very beginning.
The property itself is gorgeous. We received good weather over the 3 days, so we were really able to enjoy a lovely sunset/sunrise. There are lots of flowers, tropical plants, and farm animals around the property, which is a joyous opportunity for anyone who loves to take pictures.
We both enjoyed our time ‘away’. The boat ride to get to the B&B is not actually a long one, because we enjoyed taking in the sights and the ethereal beauty of the landscape. We ended up going on 3 activities during our stay – a trip to Zapatilla II, a Chocolate Farm tour, and a trip to the bat caves. The trip to the bat caves was our favourite by far because you get to go through this mysterious mangrove with little animals before you reach the forest that leads down to the caves. Remember to wear a swimsuit, as we weren’t warned that there were water levels in the cave, and we ended up going down and getting drenched.
We never really felt like there was nothing to do. We went on an activity each day and returned to a delicious, healthy dinner prepared by Erika and her staff. We also loved hearing about Erika’s story, and how Dolphin Hideaway came to be. Remember to wear lots of bug spray over dinner (or long-sleeved clothing) because the sand flies can really get at you! Of course this is of no fault of Erika’s. The only negative downside we could find is that we never saw a single dolphin during our entire stay…and the rooster that wakes you up in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here on the calmest Caribbean water, at our off-Grid Eco-lodge, our team strives to provide the absolute best travel experience. We know you work hard to earn your vacation and we want you to relax so your focus can be on all Bocas has to offer. We do our best to combine environmental sustainability and the highest levels of guest comfort. BREAKFAST and DINNER included in the room rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dolphin Bay Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Hotel Isla San Cristobal
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla San Cristobal