We stayed at Dolphin Bay for seven nights in February, and had a truly awesome vacation! The location is perfect - remote enough to escape the city life, but not too difficult to travel to. We had an overnight in Panama City before flying to Bocas del Toro the next morning, where we were met by a smiling Jose at the airport. A quick boat ride away was Dolphin Bay, and a warm welcome from Erika and other staff and family members made us feel right at home!
The accommodations at Dolphin Bay Hideaway were absolutely beautiful. We were able to stay in the Bay View Room for all seven nights, and it was definitely one of the best places we've ever stayed. Not only was the room impeccably clean, but small touches such as fresh flowers and a basket of snacks made it extra charming. The food was also amazing - as a picky eater I can honestly say everything was delicious, and the staff was very accommodating to dietary concerns/preferences/etc. I highly recommend the 'Panama-style' pancakes at breakfast!
The excursions offered at Dolphin Bay are truly unique and amazing experiences. Because we were there for a week, we were able to take part in nearly all of the excursions. The beaches were breathtaking - in particular Zapatilla, which we visited twice because it was so remote and beautiful. We also thoroughly enjoyed the various snorkeling spots that Jose took us to, as well as the impromptu fishing adventures! I recommend popping a Gravol before the trip to Bird Island - but well worth the trip to see this beautiful and unique island (again, we went to see it twice!). Red Frog Beach is definitely worth doing, although it was the most 'touristy' place we visited. We really enjoyed the Ziplining Canopy Tour - very safe, beautiful views, and the guides are hilarious.
Overall, this was by far our best vacation to date, and we have the people at Dolphin Bay to thank for that. We can't say enough about this wonderful and relaxing place, and can't wait to go back some day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here on the calmest Caribbean water, at our off-Grid Eco-lodge, our team strives to provide the absolute best travel experience. We know you work hard to earn your vacation and we want you to relax so your focus can be on all Bocas has to offer. We do our best to combine environmental sustainability and the highest levels of guest comfort. BREAKFAST and DINNER included in the room rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Dolphin Bay Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Hotel Isla San Cristobal
- Dolphin Bay Hideaway Panama/Bocas Del Toro - Isla San Cristobal