Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Reviewed January 19, 2017
Hansievakansie1
Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

I gave only three star because of its scandal , we put our car in the park through the night, for we chose the hotel local and the next day morning , we found something in the car was stolen eventhough car was locked
Anyway, pay attention to your possession

bty, the cave is so amazing, and worth to visit

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Its so beautiful its like a stairway to heaven. Literally i mean lots of stairs i done the tour in 1 hour flat the rest of my tour took a little, ok fine a lot longer. Man i remember buying a stairmaster back in the day and this brought back memories. Its VERY humid in the caves and be prepared to be sweating a lot. The caves are absolutely breathtaking and is HUGE. Make sure you take a nice camera with you as some pictures due to the lighting wont get a good clear pic.

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

A definetly must see! Never saw such a hughe cave with astonishing geological phenomenons. The guids only speak Chinese but there are informationsigns in English. Its a very long and sometimes slippery tour, beautiful lighted, sometimes steep climbs (stone stairs)but we managed it to complete it with a 65 year granddad and a 2 year old granddaughter. Really overwhelming this!

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying that we were asked several times if we could "walk" for an hour and a half as it would take that long to "walk" through the caves. Sure, I can walk for an hour an a half, no problem. Now, let me be clear! You will do very little walking and almost nonstop stair climbing through the entire cave system. I am not exaggerating when I say there are probably more than 1000 stairs.
I am disabled. My husband and I have bad knees from years of sports. Our children have asthma. Are you starting to get the picture. It took us 2.5 hours to make it through the cave. It was beautiful, but painful. They did a great job of making safe pathways through.
I guess we were a part of a tour. There are local tour guides who take 3-4 groups through each day. (Poor girls.) Anyway, the tour moves quickly. It is only in Mandarin and obviously I had no idea we were a part of the tour since they left us in the preverbal dust.

I will say, if you choose to make the trek, take your camera. The natural structure are gorgeous.

Reviewed May 21, 2015

It took about 2 hours to get through the whole tour, and it can only be access by boat. It was amazing though. I haven seen anything like that since.

Reviewed December 8, 2014

This cave is enormous!! It took us about 2 hours to get through it all. Wouldn't recommend that any elderly people go unless they are fit for climbing many many stairs. It is a bit too strenuous for the elderly. It's pretty impressive because it has so many different looking karsts. Pretty cool to see. They are lit by different color lights. There is opportunity to take pictures. You get tiny ones for free, but the pictures that they take at the place are 20 yuan at the end. Worth it if you are in the province. Not sure about prices and transportation because I went with a local, but there is a train from guiyang to zhijin that leaves 3 times a day.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Zhijin cave is situated in the North of Guiyang City, around 2.5 hours drive on a national road (not highway) with heavy traffic. Another way to attain the place is to go from Anshun where you find the biggest water falls of China - Huang Guo Tree waterfalls and Dragon Palace Cave (water cave where you need to take a boat for the visit inside). The road between Anshun and Zhijin is very narrow road with at times very steep slope - can be dangerous, especiaaly when your car is stuck between overloaded trucks tranporting chacoal. it is why we decided to go to Guiyang by a wider and better national road, instead of redoing the same dangerous road back to Anshun.

The cave is very spacious with typical Kasters landscape - huge bizarre stalactite in more than a dozen of halls and palaces. Some stones and rocks are snow white with fascinating shapes. it is absolutely worth of a visit, if you are less familiar with caves in Yugoslav which are whiter in terms of stone colors.

The place is relatively well managed, clean and tidy, and unlike many touristic places in China, not crowded. The whole journey lasts on average 2.5 hours. We arrived at the cave after lunch and finished the visit at 5 pm. There are no other places around the cave to visit, though the mountains are beautiful. We originally booked a hotel at the county of Zhijin but cancelled the booking and instead went to the city of Guiyang where you are sure to find a decent hotel.

There are some steps to climb in the cave but you will not get bored. Smoking is banned in the cave and you cannot find food inside. You need to wait until a group of around 30 people gather and follow a guide to enter. We walked faster than most people of group, so virtually visited the cave on our own. it is a bit chilly in the cave with a temperature of 16 degrees but you do not feel it when you keep walking. I had visited a number of caves in Yunnan and Guizhou province but found this one the most beautiful and biggest.

The ticket costs 150 Yuan per person but free access for children and senior people (above 60 years old).

4  Thank Gao云游世界的高芸 Y