Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brindor Hotel(Poirino)
Cannone D'Oro(Villanova d'Asti)
View Hotel
Roero Park Hotel(Sommariva Perno)
Hotel Continental(Carmagnola)
Ca' Vittoria(Tigliole)
Hotel Panorama(Cambiano)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat hotelexcellent servicecycling touronly downsidehis teamgiannipiedmontwinestorinoroero
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a perfect cycling week in last October in this hotel. The bedrooms are large and confotrable, with nice bathrooms, and there is a swimming pool and sauna. The restaurant serves a simple but tasty italian cuisine, for an affordable price. The staff is very friendly, and even if it was the end of the cycling season, Gianni organised us a tour with the guides in the region, alongside small roads, off traffic and through scenic villages and wineyards. We had a wonderful lunch in a small cantina in Barolo. The hotel has also bright new bikes for rent. If you want to discover this wonderful region (it compares to Tuscany) do not hesitate to spend a few days in this hotel well located.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
samgian, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you so much Marianne for your great words!
We love our region; for us is always a pleasure to make it know to who decide to spend an holiday in this country full of history, culture, typical food and excellent wine. We always plan for our customer cyclists a tasting lunch in a family winery in the Langhe with our guides, Sergio and Davide, who studied all the tour thinking about all the best rest for the guests! I hope to have you as our guest as soon is possible!
Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a great week of cycling in October at Lo Scoiattolo. In the area there are many quite countryside roads which are perfect for cycling. The roads wind through agricultural fields, wineries and small towns. Sergio and Davide were our guides. They tailored the daily rides to our riding ability, had excellent knowledge of the area and knew all the good coffee stops. We were also impressed with the two Bianchi carbon road bikes we hired from the hotel. Very comfortable and solid to ride. Great on the descents. The hotel is family run, spotlessly clean and the staff were very helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. Our cycling package included breakfast a post ride snack and dinner. All the food was excellent. We would definitely stay again. Thank you Gianni.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
samgian, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you Leisa!
All our tour are tailor made according to the ability of the riding group and our guides are so careful on it; our purpose is also make an unforgettable holiday for all the guests thanks to great landscape and countryside surroundings, typical dishes, friendly ambience and why not, a glass of regional wine.
Our guides are diplomat and also have a lot of passion in our area to be transmitted, they we’ll be happy to read this compliment!
I hope to have you as our guest soon, maybe for try also our new Mountain Bike!
Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I learned of Lo Scoiattolo through Google maps, so I hadn't read any of the reviews until now. I knew beforehand that it was located in the countryside but we prefer it that way, and I have to say that this fact made for a very relaxing weekend away from home.

Our room was spotless and large compared to other places we've stayed at, and the bathroom was spacious as well. The bed was comfortable and firm enough for my husband who has some back problems, so this really was a big relief for him. Breakfast was also large by italian standards (we usually just take coffee and some toast) and the service was very warm and professional from all who we encountered (even the cleaning woman greeted us with a buongiorno). Reception even gave us 2 passwords so that my husband and I could connect to our separate devices. Definitely a hotel that gives value for the money spent, and we will certainly book this place again if we plan to visit the area. The hotel also accepts little dogs (we always travel with our 2) and at the time of our visit, there was no extra fee.

A pity that at the time of our visit, it was fall season so we weren't able to use the pool. However I'd like to say that autumn is a great period to experience a lot of the seasonal sagre (food festivals) in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
samgian, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for your beautiful words!
We do all the possible for take care with our guest.. we are in a little town that is true, but is beautiful for relax and taste all the product in food festivals. The most famous in our zone is in Alba for white truffles in September or the Pepper Sagra in Carmagnola! I hope to have you another time with also your doggy, we love animals! Maybe in summer so you can have a look of our beautiful garden and try the pool in the middle of the green!
Samuele Baiotto

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a family run hotel and the service and attention shows it. Gianni and his staff were always very helpful and with lots of advice and passion for the local area. Stayed here for just under a week, it was my first time visiting the region which I knew is famous for its wine, truffles, food and home to one of my favourite treats: nutella!

I joined three guided cycle tours with the hotel certified guides and I rode one of the hotel Bianchi bikes. The rolling hills are perfect for cyclists of all levels of fitness and the guides always made sure that we all were having a great time. The stops to refuel were fantastic, riding through the vineyards or stopping at hill castles were really some of the highlights of the tours.

The hotel room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The food at the restaurant was very good with locally sources produce and excellent wine!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Luis R

Wow… thank you for your wonderful review!
Yes, Nutella, I think everybody like it! It’s one of the best products in all over the world! I’m very happy to know that you have appreciated the bike excursions with our guides: we have beautiful landscapes around us…our paths are designed to make known the land, the food and the culture.
See you soon, Gianni Marsaglia

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed here with 2 sisters and a friend while traveling Europe. We were around the Alba area to 2 days/1 night and stayed at Hotel Lo Scoiattolo. The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. Our room was great and as expected. Bathroom was nice and large with plenty of hot water in the shower. Breakfast was also wonderful with a nice selection of juices, fruits, cereal, pastries, meats, hard-boiled eggs and choices of coffees. I wish we had stayed when the restaurant was open to try that, but it was not open the night we stayed. The only problem we had was trying to find it at night in a foreign country without a GPS (our fault!). The owners were very nice and accommodating. As someone else said, this is a small town so not a lot to do as far as going out - but to relax it is great. Also only about 20 min drive to Alba. Wish we had had more time to stay and play there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
samgian, Proprietario at Hotel Ristorante Lo Scoiattolo, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Many thank you for your review and for all the compliments! I know the hotel is not in a big city, maybe is difficult to find it for the visitors. I’m sorry that you can’t try the restaurant and I hope you come here again for try our specialties and enjoy to relax! We wait you!
Samuele Baiotto