“7 tiers of beautiful waterfalls”
Review of Erawan Falls

Erawan Falls
Book In Advance
More Info
$151.85*
and up
Erawan Waterfall and The Death Railway from Hua Hin
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have been to Erawan Falls 3 times and it is best to go when it is not overly crowded, especially during Songkran festival in April when the park is really not enjoyable with too many people. The first and second levels are shallow and best for kids. The second and third levels are great for swimming, sitting on a rock and have a free foot cleaning by the fish, and sliding down the huge rock slide on level four. The hike to the top is long and slippery so wear some good water shoes like Chaco's and arrive at the park early enough to enjoy it. If you go with a day tour you will not have enough time to go to the top and come back. Some of the most beautiful shots from Thailand were at Erawan Park. Pack a picnic if you want or eat at the restaurants at the front entrance. You have to pay a deposit for water bottles before you go past level two because they don't want littering, so just show your bottle on the way back and you will receive your deposit back.

4  Thank Ozarkhippie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Erawan falls are a must see. It's a heavy walk sometimes but it is worth it. There are 7 falls. We walked directly to the highest level, so that it was not that busy. And then we walked down and decided where to take a swim. Level 7 and level 2 are the most beautiful. Only the fish are irritating because they bite you constantly. There are also beautiful butterflies.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We got to the falls as a part of two days trip
From Bangkok.
We went up to the fourth waterfall where we spent two hours swimming and picnic.
Very beautiful place and is suitable for children... Children did not want to leave the place...they had a lot of fun.
The falls are a famous tourist attraction and therefore very busy....
But if you are in the area should not miss the visit to the waterfalls.

1  Thank Eyal A
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I went to Erawan Falls in September with my girlfriend. Research told me that it gets very crowded with tourists and Thais, at all of the seven levels of the falls. My strategy was simple -- stay inside the park (there are cabins available for rent), and start up the falls before the park opened. The cabin was quite rustic but that wasn't unexpected. The stay inside the park paid off, and we were treated to almost-empty views all the way up the falls. Several other people had the same idea, but it was easy to avoid them.

I carried a camera on a sturdy tripod with me. At times it was difficult maneuvering up the trails carrying the tripod, and in fact one time I knocked into a tree and the camera popped off the quick release landing on a rock below. Fortunately no permanent damage was done to the camera.

On the way back down the park had filled with hundreds of people, all swimming and enjoying the views. Since I had already done my photography, the number of people didn't bother me. If you are planning on waterfall photography, I highly recommend staying in the park and beating the crowds to the falls.

As for the falls, they are some of the most beautiful that I've seen. The water is clear and blue and the rock formations make for spectacularly beautiful falls. A swim is a must, so make sure you bring a bathing suit.

7  Thank macnmotion
Reviewed July 1, 2014

it's a must do when your in this area.But i must say the last time i visited there were too many tourists....including myself so go as early as possible to avoid the crowds

3  Thank travlinnman