“Very Relaxing”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Through the Hotel San Simon in the heart of Pereira, I was able to arrange for a driver to take me out to Termales de Santa Rosa de Cabal. The 45 minute scenic trip included a brief stop on the road once we got into the town of Santa Rosa to get some lunch. I was told that Chorizadas (Kilometro 2 Via a Termales) makes the best chorizos (sausages). As it was my first time eating chorizos, I cannot confirm whether Chorizadas is indeed the best, but the sausages were quite agreeable to my tummy. At this open air eatery, I was also introduced to aguapanela, a hot drink that uses a type of brown sugar as its base. It is often used as a good cold remedy. Upon reaching the falls, all of the cares of the world seemed to drift away. Beautiful views of the falls, beautiful people, both lovers and families, simply beautiful. I took an early trip so I did not get to experience the falls at sunset, but on my return I got to catch a great sunset view of Pereira from the bridge, Pillares del Viaducto Cesar Gaviria Trujillo.

I was a little shy about getting a massage. The next time I will, but will probably pass on the mud facial. LOL

In regards to the facilities, I did not notice if it was wheelchair accessible. The entrance leads to a long pathway of steps up to the falls. There are multiple levels of the common areas for bathing, so the wheelchair bound will need at least one attendant for safe mobility.

Visited February 2014

Little Elm, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A place to re-energize”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

There is nothing to do but hike, soak in the thermal pools, get an amazing (turned inside out) massage and eat some great food. You are far from everything so if you are looking for a night out on the town, staying here is not for you. We spent 5 days at the hotel termales de santa rosa on an all inclusive plan. We purchased the plan from a travel agency in Cali. We took a bus from Cali to Pereria and then a small bus/van to the city of Santa Rosa. From Santa Rosa to the termales we took a taxi. Having never traveled by Bus, I loved the trip from Cali to Pereria and back. For the small bus from Pereria to Santa Rosa I suggest a taxi. The small bus is always just about to leave, but in reality it is going nowhere until completely full. For use that was almost 90 minutes.

The people at the hotel are nice but they are not going to offer up any information. So it is good to do a little research and understand what you can do. There is a group hike that leaves twice each morning. I took the first one and loved it. It is not for kids at all. You walked straight up, and need to use a rope to pull yourself along in a place or two. You will see amazing views and several waterfalls along the way. I had a great guide and he showed us many interesting things along the way, which make me wish I had brought my micro lens for my Nikon. Also it is very important to note that a short walk back down the road there is a park that also has great trails, beautiful waterfall and nice thermal pools. The people I met here were more the local Colombians and the most friendly people on earth. It amazes me how Cali can be maybe the rudest city in the world and once you get outside of that city the people are absolutely amazing.
a few notes... 1) They have rubber boots to wear on the hike but the largest pair they had were really small for me, might want to take your own hiking boots but beware they will get very wet 2) You will need your passport to enter the park and 3) the entry cost to the park was covered in our all inclusive package. Be sure to get a massage. My only regret was that I went with the 60 minute massage instead of the 90 minute one.

This is what a vacation should be. My mind, body and spirit was extremely rested when we left.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank TexasHiker747
Charlotte, NC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a Waterfall !”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well worth the extremely scenic drive from the historic town of Pereira and through Santa Rosa. It's a rough road actually to the base and a hike of 150 yards or so to the waterfall but.. oh my gosh..what a view when you get there ! And the hot springs are, indeed, invigorating.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris C
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Thermal Springs In Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Situated about 10km from the centre of Santa Rosa De Cabel are the hot springs of Termales,combining the natural beauty of the waterfall system with the man made spa and hot pools.There is the choice of either staying in the town and catching a Jeep/minibus up to the attraction or there are a number of very cheap hostels available within a few minutes of Termales. If you chose the latter you get a 10% discount on your entrance fee. We chose the latter because we were staying with Colombians who knew the area.
During peak hours the fee is 20000 peso and the attraction stays open until midnight, with last entry allowed at 10-00pm. There is a 10 minute walk up a terraced path to get to the spa. This in itself is enjoyable as the natural waterfall system alongside the path is very pretty. At the top is a huge waterfall cascading down the mountainside and there are cold pools for you to enjoy, however, it's the warm water pools you will want to experience. There are 4 of these and the water is beautifully warm and very relaxing. You are free to chose any of the pools, one of wish is shallower for children. There is an on site spa and various treatments are available, although we didn't try any of them. The on site restaurant serves drinks and adequate food(the usual Colombian type of thing at marked up prices) as with all of Colombia you will pay a slight premium but for European visitors, it is still cheap. I would take the precaution of drinking plenty of fluids as the water is very warm, particularly if you are going to drink alcohol. From time to time, it's also a good idea to get out and take a rest from the heat. Well worth a trip and one of the highlights of our trip to Colombia. The attraction is well suited to families of all ages

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Dave G
Indiantown, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“best part of our trip!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

WOW! this truly was the very best part of our trip a little far but completely worth the drive. The views are stunning, the water is so warm and relaxing. My husband and I went with my uncle and my grandmother, we all loved it. The hot water pools helped my grandma with some of her back pain. One of the best things is the waterfall; What a sight! you can actually do some climbing and jumping off of it for an extra cost. The food from the restaurant here was very good.

Visited July 2013