“Excellent food!!”

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My grandparents came to stay with me for the week and they wanted to take myself and my girlfriend out for lunch. I recommended Wallings as I have always enjoyed the Ice Cream and wanted to try out the Cafe.

Although there is not a massive selection of food on the menu it was ample as a 'light snack' - I ordered a Tuna Salad which was huge. A very generous portion of tuna plus one of the best presented and tasting salads I have eaten. My girlfriend had cheese on toast, again the portion was a lot bigger than expected.

We finished and purchase our ice creams - definitely will be returning!!

Overall 4 very happy customers.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mark B

• Polish first
UK
“Pudding House”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

As fairly regular Wallings ice cream customers we kept meaning to try the cafe. We shouldn't have stayed on finding only one other table occupied on Sunday lunch time - that was a clue. The menu is limited and they do not serve Sunday dinners. We asked what the soup of the day was - the young waitress could not pronounce it. Eventually we worked out it was minestrone! However, the soup arrived at the same time as the main course. We pointed this out (unbelievable that we had to!) and the main course was taken away...for a long time. We were sat twiddling our thumbs after the soup, which was a very close relative to that from a packet. Anyway, very disappointing main courses - bland goat's cheese tart which was mostly pastry and dry and microwaved re-heats.
We will stick to the (lovely) ice cream in future!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lanzafan
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Sadly I too will be echoing the previous comments with regards to feeling very unwelcome to the point of being thrown out.
Ice cream is fab, portions huge great value for money.
Staff generally friendly to a point.
Came 2 weeks ago ( summer hours still displayed and in operation) we arrived around 4.15 ordered and were enjoying a catch up and a relax after a stressful weekend over sundae and coffee (myself and my friend work in a Resturant and a hotel ) 4.50 the lights go out and a young girl comes to inform us they were closing.. (Again sign display says 7pm) felt very rushed, uncomfortable, the girl all but stood over me waiting for me to finish. If we ever do venture back Think well just get cones in future and eat in the car.

1 Thank adviceangel
Poulton Le Fylde
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We did not have the icecream but judging from the queues it must be good! We called in on our way back from some gardens for lunch. The coffee shop/cafe had a good selection of food and it was tasty,well cooked and the prices were reasonable. The portions are generous and it is licensed. The coffee and puddings were good too. More of a cafe than a restaurant but the menu choices were different to what you might expect. We can recommend the cheese on toast with crispy bacon and the goats cheese tart (with chips), both served with salad.
Don't bother going in to the "garden centre" as it is overpriced and the plants were rather passed it.
Would definately call again.

• Visited September 2012
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Best ice cream for miles..... But the kids that work there are not great”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Positives first

This is the best ice cream I've had in all of England. It's made by them from the milk produced on the farm and it is exceptionally good. There are lots of flavour to choose from and you really can't go wrong with any of it. We especially like the turkish delight and the lemon meringue pie flavours. We live just down the road but if it was 30 miles away I'd still try and get her regularly.

The food in the cafe is also very good. The sausages for the barms are all local and high quality. Home made soup is really tasty and the cakes are to die for. Do not come here if you are on a diet as you will not stick to it. When we sit in we always have hot food - kids menu is great and good value - followed by ice cream sundaes.

The cost of the food is not bad. Good value for a family lunch.

The shop also has some great little bit of local produce. We regularly by homemade chocolate and sauces to send to relatives in the USA.

Bad Points

The service is not always great!

Don't get me wrong, we've had some really nice service from some of the staff but mostly they can be rude. There is a rule about not eating take away ice creams in the restaurant and I do understand it as a general rule but in certain situations the staff need to exercise some common sense. We ate dinner one day and my son finished early so he went round to get a cone. He is 7 and this is probably the first time he'd been up to a counter himself. After he purchased the cone they refused to let him back in the restaurant and only after a good 5 minutes did I go check where he was, only to find he crying outside alone because they wouldn't let him through to the restaurant. Not great!

Also the closing early problem..... We do not chance going up too late now as we have been turned away 10/20 mins before stated closing time.

Overall great food/ice cream but your staff need some customer service training to make this a 5 star review

• Visited August 2012