“A little gem”

Donny's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went here a few weeks ago and had a great time. Love the booth layout, little bit of privacy when dining but not isolated and certainly not crammed in like battery hens to maximise turnover. Menu was not vast or mega fancy but the food was well cooked and portion size perfect in my opinion, if you're looking for huge portions of food go to an all you can eat buffet! DJ that turned up fairly early in the evening had things well sorted in terms of volume and music style during dinner, and as the night wore on and everyone was getting through their meal and the drinks flowing the volume and tempo crept up so by the time you'd finished your meal you wanted to join the party in the bar area. Staff friendly and efficient, special mention must go the manager who made sure we had a good time and were happy with the service without that overly in your face passive aggressive crap some places do. A great find and I hope our return visit lives up to this one.

4  Thank Andy D

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Staying local was never really an option because the choices were and old man pub or an old man pub.
Donny's was a pleasant surprise. The menu looked amazing. The sizes of the portions was good and amazingly well presented. Although there wasn't a list of non alcoholic cocktails the bar tender accommodated me so well and even came to check on myself and my friends to make sure we enjoyed them.
The owner of Donny's was there to greet us and as well as good looking ;) he was very hospitable.
We were planning in heading elsewhere but ended up staying the night!
We weren't hurried out even at closing.
Will definitely be going back and want to try the lunch menu if the dinner menu is anything to go by!

3  Thank Potildo
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Had sister's birthday last night 23/05/14 had an amazing evening.....Food was fantastic...Music was brilliant....Excellent service...Staff and Alex (manager) were GREAT.....Just a shame it shuts early could have partied there all night.....So overall FANTASTIC BRILLIANT...Will defiantley be back.......

1  Thank jeanette1232014
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My husband and I ate at Donny' s last Saturday for our anniversary . We ordered a bottle of wine which was not poured for us and we were offered no bread . The starters were beautiful although quite small. Our main meals were also rather small and I had no vegetables (possibly not seen them on the menu but the waiter should have pointed this out ). When we ordered a coffee we had quite a wait before being told that the machine had broken. We couldn't fault the food but it seemed expensive for the small amounts we were given . The main problem for me was the lack of experience of the waiting staff.

2  Thank Angela1248
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had a brilliant hen night on Saturday the food was good and the atmosphere and music were fantastic - we danced all night, thank you Donny's for making my night so special

4  Thank Carolyn F