“LOVE banana garden!”

The Banana Garden
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Sidcup
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Banana Garden is a friendly coffee shop, also selling home-made soups, cakes and light lunches. We offer a range of delicious Afternoon Tea options and are licensed to serve alcohol with our food. The quirky decor is welcoming and fresh, offering a range of signs, ornaments and unusual items to look at during your visit. Everything on display is for sale too, so you can shop and stop for refreshments in one place. We aim to have gluten free choices wherever possible.
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to catch up with friends and go for a coffee or a browse of all the little trinkets and gifts. I moved back recently from Holland and it was lovely to find this new cafe as it is like the ones abroad as it is quirky and a nice change from the boring coffee shops you get. I love the paninis and the different cakes (my favorite is the coffee cake). I also love how everything from the furniture to the signs is for sale and I would buy the whole shop if I could. The staff are very polite and bring your food over to you and there is an outside seating are which is lovely when the sun is shining. I have turned to buying my birthday cards from here as they have a very funny selection and some really pretty cards. Me and my friend are really obsessed with this place and I think it is a real nice change to the Oval.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Spent a super, sunny afternoon in the lovely courtyard garden sipping tea and eating delicious food -can't be beaten!! Friendly, attentive service and a great atmosphere, I would recommend this charming place to everybody!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I exceptionally recommend this coffee shop / shopping experience. The atmosphere is convivial, relaxed and charming.
You can certainly kick back and watch the world go buy, or indulge in some quirky retail therapy. An absolute must see !

3  Thank Gee H
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had a panini at the banana garden, looked as though it had just been chucked on the plate no garnish or anything. Also they are pre made and have probably been sitting out all day. Non existent atmosphere but had a nice little shop out the front. Seems very expensive for what you get.

3  Thank Mitten2
Reviewed March 25, 2014

It's like the cafes in Paris not the tourist traps every thing is for sale and nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff. The Panini's are great and form most of my breakfast as they have all of the needs for my diet and is made fresh everyday.