“Disappointed”

The Moghul
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Sidcup
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: True to the Moglai cuisine traditions, the Moghul in sidcup has been creating Indian culinary delights since 1985.
“Disappointed”

Sag Chicken
Chicken Madras
Mater paneer
Two Naan Bread

Dishes are small and half full
Matter paneer is just sauce
Food was cold
Why people have given this good reviews, I don't know
Paid £19 including discount.
This restaurant is busy
Maybe they have too many customers to care

Glad I didn't order delivery

• Visited January 2014

London
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited here in late December with four friends. I used to live in Sidcup and came here regularly for an excellent curry.

I don't know if the management/cooks have changed but I won't be coming back.

We were given diet cokes that were flat and tasted cheap. They were changed for free however. We waited nearly half an hour for our food order to be taken and then 45 minutes for it to come!!

Food was acceptable. However I had the tandoori mixed grill, I'd been looking forward to it! At £16 I was expecting a good meal. The lamb was tough and tasteless, the lamb chop was tiny and tough and the tandoori chicken must have been on a starvation diet!

Overall I felt ripped off and there are much better restaurants nearby.

2 Thank daniel m
London, United Kingdom
“David R”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

just waited an hour and twenty minutes for the worst curry I've had in years. everything freezing cold, chicken rogan josh was a mass of undercooked tomatoes. stuffed paratha was a big doughy lump, weighed a ton. pappadums brown round edges looked and tasted like they had been cooked in old oil. time to find new curry house I think.

Visited December 2013
London
“Probably the worst experience I have had in a restaurant.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We celebrated my son's birthday with lunch at the Moghul. It was a party of 7 and from the start it was clear that the staff really did not want to be there. The food, all courses, was tepid and served on cold plates, the wine was really undrinkable(Rose) and warm, the bottle of sparkling water had to be requested 3 times. When we finished the main course(no empty plates of course) we were given the customary hot towels closely followed by the bill - for which we had not asked!
We were not offered a dessert or coffee. This was Sunday lunch and we left the restaurant at approximately 2.15pm so I do not think we had overstayed our welcome! It was not surprising that we were the only customers there for lunch given the service and food we received. I have been to this restaurant several times since it first opened but I will not be going again!

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great evening great food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Last evening my wife and I with some friends spent a great evening at the Moghul. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and efficient. I have eaten there before and always have a good time. The place is clean and plenty of parking space is just across the road. It's all there!

• Visited October 2013