“What a gem!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Another one to chalk up to Trip Advisor. Staying one night in Sidcup for work, I’d seen a few restaurants on the way in but reviews here made it clear none matched Mario’s. They were right. This place is an amazing little gem. It doesn’t look much from the outside and the menu is limited to antipasti, pasta and pizzas (plus desserts, of course) but appearances can be deceptive. The cooking is simple but exquisite, the service charming and efficient. Some of the locals know this, of course, so it is wise to book. I live 150 miles away but I want to find an excuse to go back.

2  Thank ianewestt

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We visited on Sunday afternoon with our 10 month old son and the staff could not do enough for us. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel so welcome giving my son some bread to keep him happy while we ordered. We were entertained by Mario ( I hope its Mario) who spent all afternoon trying to get a smile out of my son and succeeded. The atmosphere was so laid back and the food was fantastic. My wife had the seafood ravioli which was excellent, I had pizza which was huge and good value for money.. The homemade deserts were fantastic. This is a place you can spend all day in. You really feel like you are abroad on holiday in this place never found an atmosphere like it in the UK. Only downside is it's a bit small so weekend evening will be a bit difficult to book. I heard they are getting an extension in September so that's good news. Highly recommend this place and can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Doug Lisa M
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Small, brilliant food, hilarious staff. Mario's is a great place and the pizza's fantastic. It's also great value - hard to believe Domino's is still open across the road with this place here. It also does takeaway at low prices. Recommend!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I came as the restaurant had been highly recommend to me, and it did not disappoint. The food was brilliant, the best Italian food I've had in a long time and the staff are so friendly, the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and I shall definitely be going back if I can get a booking!!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Firstly, the staff here are lovely - very accommodating, friendly + create a great atmosphere for their diners.
I came here because I had seen that it was the #1 restaurant in Sidcup so my expectations were high. I'm afraid to say the food, tasty as it was, was still not 5 stars. Not that much better than other Italian food I've had in the past - meaning I've been to better Italian restaurants in my time (it is my favourite type of food, after all).

2  Thank 20SEB13