“Shank of lamb was fantastic”
Review of The Tudor Kitchen - CLOSED

The Tudor Kitchen
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the Tudor Kitchen we want to celebrate the best of British, Tudor times are about feast, balls, and feeding the nation. In The Tudor Titchen we use only seasonal fresh produce and if is possible free range organic. Our vegetable are sourced locally. Our meats come from the free range farms. Our dishes are freshly cooked to order.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Sidcup high street restaurant was visited by four of us and mostly good food was had. I would go out of my way to go again just for the slow roasted shank of lamb dish that was excellent. The four of us did enjoy our three course meal although it wouldn't have been great value for money had we not been on a 2 4 1 deal. I must say the desserts were very tasty although portion sizes were small.

Something that would make me go back was the welcome and great attention we received from the lady owner, I don’t know her name but she is extremely likable. As they only had two other customers all night I was a little surprised the chef didn't come out and show his face, maybe he’s shy!

This is a good addition to the Sidcup local restaurant scene so use it or lose it unless you want to be left with Maccy D's.

Value rated on the 241 deal.

1  Thank Beachcomber_John

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Me and my party of 10 plus 1 child visited The Tudor Kitchen for my birthday meal on 24 Feb 2013. Apart from a couple who had nearly finished, we were the only other customers in the place. That did not deter us (plus it was blooming freezing outside and if you didnt need to leave your house that day, I wouldnt have)

Anyway, a warm welcome was given and it due to being only customers it was like having our own private dining room. Service was always with a smile and not too fast or too slow.

The food was lovely, most of the party having 3 courses :-) I found everything to be reasonably priced including the wine and would certainly visit again and indeed recommend to others.

Thanks Gosia for an enjoyable experience.

1  Thank MichieR
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday lunch time the owner was friendly and the food we eat was fresh and hot and my husband asked for a variation to the menu and this was no trouble for them to change, and when his chips arrived you could see and taste that they were home made at last no more frozen chips, we were the only diners in the restaurant but this did not stop us from returning the following saturday when their was another couple dining. Give this restaurant
a go otherwise we will loose it.

2  Thank 608RobW
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited here for Sunday lunch having read a review online. The outside of the restaurant does not do it justice at all so don't be fooled as once you are inside it is very modern and stylish. The welcome from the owner was very genuine and the food and service excellent. We had Roast Beef and you could choose how it was cooked. Nothing was too much trouble for them, our son is a fussy eater so they made him something which was not on the menu. It was all good value too. My only gripe was that it was a cold day and the heating was not on in the restaurant which meant we were cold throughout our meal.

1  Thank Iloveholidays961
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were a party of 13, from the outset the manager was very accommodating, open and helpful in coming up with a menu that suited my group's budget.

The Chef, waitress and manager were at our service throughout.

The food all came out at the same time, well plated. The staff didn't hover over us pressing us for water or more drinks. Food was freshly prepared and tasty with ample proportions.

Music unobtrusive, clientele equally so.

Here you get more than you pay for - so local Sidcupians - use it or lose it.

1  Thank anamaux