“6th birthday”

Pizza Express
Ranked #55 of 118 Restaurants in Sidcup
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Sidcup offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

4 adults, a 6 year old birthday girl and a 1 year old. Excellent service and food and nice touch with extra candles, strawberry’s, chocolate and decoration on our own birthday cake !

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (119)

Reviewed October 27, 2019

Went there today with my family . Food was very mediocre .The Pollo pesto was over cooked and the Risotto was quite tasteless . Waiter did not come to table to offer Parmesan or pepper nor were we asked if we were enjoying our meal . When we left there was no one that came to say goodbye and thank you . Poor food , poor service . I’ve been before and the food and service was far better than today .

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

Just had a really good meal. The pizzas were delicious, the service was prompt and really friendly and the ambience was pleasant. You know what you’re going to get so need good service to make it a good experience. Thanks Pizza Express.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

If I could have rated this 0 I would have.

After waiting 5-10 minutes to be seated, it was a further 30 minutes before anyone returned to our table.

Almost 50 minutes after entering the restaurant, we received our starters, which were cold.

1 year later, we received our mains. After requesting chilli oil and pepper, the waitress proceeded to vanish into thin air, and the only sightings of her from then on was when she was walking around the back of the restaurant, trying to figure out how to use the till or moving dirty dishes from one table to another.

The toppings on my brother’s pizza were incorrect, despite the waitress coming back to our table to confirm the order twice. However, we were unable to bring this to anyone’s attention as no one returned to our table.

Throughout the evening, I witnessed numerous groups turn up, stand at the entrance for 10 minutes, and eventually leave after being ignored by the staff.

The unlucky ones were seated. The table next to me requested to move seats away from the window as it was cold, but they were told this wasn’t possible as the tables were all dirty.

About 50% of the tables had not been cleaned. Occasionally, dirty dishes were moved from one table to another, but never taken back to the kitchen.

The staff looked like they had just come straight to work after a 48 hour bender.

I was unsure who to voice my complaint to as the waitress serving me (who was also the manager), had vanished. I am unsure how this lady fell into a managerial role considering she acted like she had never even been in a restaurant before, let alone worked in one.

Even paying the bill took exceptionally long. The only way I got them to take my money was by standing up, putting on my coat and preparing to leave.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 16, 2019

Unfortunately I don’t seem to have a brilliant experience in this restaurant. Went there with my friend. I was looking forward to having the chicken Milanese but the wait told me they had run out of the breaded chicken. How can you run out of this fish at 7pm !!! Surely you must order enough so this doesn’t happen this early into the evening. I then had the Cesar salad and asked for no anchovies or egg. Of course the waiter said he could do this no problem and would give me more chicken. When I arrived there was egg in it. I don’t find the pizzas brilliant either m, too dry and not enough cheese. Service was okay. Found other pizza express better.

Date of visit: July 2019