“Girls meal out”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to eat here with 3 girlfriends. I have to admit we have eaten in a lot of places in and around Sidcup and this was one of the best. The menu was fairly small but there were numerous specials to pick from. For the standard of food the bill at the end of the night was not over expensive, especially considering the amount of drinks we had. Although not very busy, as a party of 12 had not turned up, staff were very helpful and there was no rush for us to leave even though we were the only ones left at 11:30. Am going back again with a group of 8 girlfriends for our annual Christmas get together.

There are newer reviews for Pizza Botte

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I decided to take my wife out for an Italian, something that we had not done before. So we went to Pizza La'Botte on recommendation.

Like I tend to do more and more these days, I had a look through any reviews I could find. To be honest, they were all very much a mixed bag, ranging from excellent to very poor.
There was no problem with booking and on arrival the young man was very polite, showed us to our table and took our coats.

We were allowed to settle in and when the waiter came back he brought some bread and asked if we wanted to see the drinks menu. After awhile we ordered our meal. My wife had a prawn cocktail and I went for the mushrooms, both of which we thought were fine. The main meal consisted of spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti bolognaise. We were both happy with them, they were quite plentiful and tasted lovely.

Pizza La'Botte is quite small with seating for around 40. There may have been extra seating upstairs but I couldn't confirm this. The decor is quite basic and gives the impression of a Taverna. There is plenty of room around the tables so you're not cramped in like some restaurants. We spent about one and a half hours here on a Saturday night and it never became full. However, there was always customers coming in. The waiters were polite and the manager/owner came over and asked how we were. One thing to be aware of though is that they do add the service charge on automatically.

Pleasant little restaurant that we found to be friendly and the food of good quality.

2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed October 15, 2012

again a place to take grandchildren, staff very good plenty of food drinks filled up when one of the kids broke a glass no problems and cleared up without fuss, not made to fill like you were a pain.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently re-visited this old favourite to find it had changed hands and name. The décor has had uplift and now feels fresher and I am happy to say that my family and I were all happily impressed. The menu seemed slightly reduced in size but it still had a good selection; our only difficulty was in choosing as so much of the menu sounded so good. The food was so delicious that we all cleared our plates, literally! All the food was very fresh and very well cooked. I had the Langoustine followed by the Liver with Aubergine which was 'melt in the mouth’; definitely something I'd re-order, again and again. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Whilst the restaurant was quiet when we visited, I’ll always book ahead to ensure a table. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I would firstly like to say please ignore any bad reviews this restaurant gets, my partner and i eat here every month or so, this restaurant is now under new mangement and I cannot praise them enough, the meal/wine/service/atmosphere and everything else is fantastic and I cannot fault it, if you have previously tried this restaurant and not gone back, please it try again now it is a wonderful evening.

The manager is excellent at what he does and always helps us choose great wine, you book your table for the night not just a meal and they never rush you out and will leave you to it if thats what you prefer. its a personal service at this restaurant, nothing is too much trouble.

Also it is worth mentioning that my other half has never had the same thing twice when eating here and we go alot, everything has always been melt in the mouth perfect and of great quality, the specials board alone is a whole new menu almost each time we go.

I hope you make time to go, it will be worth it.