“Very enjoyable visit”

Brewers Fayre Sidcup Place
Ranked #74 of 94 Restaurants in Sidcup
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good traditional food at a good price, plus each night there is a eat as much as you can buffet special.

1 Thank Ray H

London, United Kingdom
“Not worth effort - plenty of better places to eat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went on a Wednesday evening at 8.10pm and they had stopped serving the buffet. General service wasn't good - it took seven minutes to find a member of staff to be able to order my food at the bar! Gave feedback on their website - their questionnaire took me 25 minutes to complete - its far too long - bit like their service really.
Food we ordered a lasange which was served on a hot plate with a side salad on the same hot plate - hot salad, not nice!
I won't be rushing back to this Brewers Fayer in a hurry!

1 Thank Warren020151
London
“Good Location - Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Dined here with my wife and a friend. Haven't been in the restaurant for a couple years, though its fairly local. This restaurant is a mixture of self service and waited service and for me, it just doesn't work. Its in a great location and the place itself if great, its like an old large country house. There is no prior booking service so you just turn up and they allocate you a table. would guess if you have large party, more than 4 probably best to phone them and check.

We were shown to a table within a few minutes. The restaurant was fairly busy, it being a Sunday after noon. The carpet around our table had bits of food left, which was unpleasant. The table didn't seem fully set up for us, in terms of place settings.

I opted to chose from the main menu, I ordered a starter and main meal. My wife and friend chose to have the carvery, which included soup for a starter. I went up and placed the order included some drinks and returned to our table. The others helped them selves to the soup and settled down. Part way through this, a waiter came and offered me my main course, when I hadn't even been served with my starter. He apologised and took it away and returned a few minutes later with my starter..

Later my main meal was served, Beef and Ale pie, but it looked and felt dry, thankfully there was a small pot of gravy. The meal tasted and looked like it had been re- heated up, the pie filling was dry and chips were soggy. On finishing that, I returned to the bar to order some drinks, there were 2 members of bar staff at the till but 1 seemed pre-occupied with another order, the other was talking to her about some one else's bill or that they were leaving without paying the full bill. They didn't acknowledge me at all. This went on, while I was standing there, eventually another customer came up to the bar and 1 of them decided it was time to serve us and I ordered my drinks.

A female waiter, was doing her best to serve everyone but she seemed to be rushed off her feet. There were other waiting staff around but she seemed to be the only one getting on with it. There were 2 young men, who I assumed were managers, only because they were dressed differently, serving too, but though friendly, they didn't seem that professional.

I didn't complain because I didn't want my wife and friend to feel uncomfortable and I couldn't see what the staff could or would do about it.

My wife and friend were very happy with the quality of their roast from the carvery. Overall it was not great experience and it will a long time before I go back to this restaurant, if at all. Its a shame because it is a great location. I certainly wouldn't chose this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion.

2 Thank JimmyBOnd
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Really dont bother !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a lovely building with great gardens but i'm afraid the food & staff are awful.
We went for lunch on a Wednesday & it wasnt too busy.We ordered our food then after waiting 40 minutes were told it was coming.After such a long wait we were expecting cooked from scratch yumminess.No such luck.The lasange was animic ,chewy & luke warm.The chicken nuggets as hard as rock.Luckily I ordered chilli which cant really be not cooked well !! On complaint the Manager arrived stating that they were short of staff & busy ! Not the customers problem but he did agreed that yes the food was microwaved & it did arrive prepackaged.He agreed to refund half our bill but this did not change our unpleasant experience & our hunger !!
We will not be returning & would advise everyone to stay clear.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank 78kim78
London, United Kingdom
“So Rude.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I phoned this so called restaurant four times to book a table and when they finally answered I got '' phone back, we're busy'' !!!
Will not go there for lunch.
Such rude staff, they need teaching their manners.

• Visited May 2013