“Terrible service, attitude and even served us frozen corn on the cob!”
Review of Sidcup Place - CLOSED

Sidcup Place
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I go to sidcup place a lots, recently the food and service is shocking.

Buffet - went on pie night, everything was COLD, half of the food was not ther that was meant to be, staff was too slow cooking it. When I took my meal back to the chef on buffet section moaning it's freezing cold, I got no apology at all and was rude!

Normal menu- my nephews that was with me had kids meals which both had corn on the cob with it but the corn was still frozen with ice on!

Also family members have gone there within the last two weeks and had terrible food, hair in burgers freezing cold food!

Complaint procedure is shocking no customer service skills between them, complain to head office three weeks later I got a call from branch manager ( awkward as the complaint was about him). Customers services should have contact with complaints.

If you need to complain call head office directly.

If there was a chance I could put zero as rating I would of it's a insult giving them one out of five

Please look at these reviews there a warning to help you!

Also was only offered a forty pound voucher free which was less than what I paid origianly

1  Thank Bromleyguy

Reviewed July 1, 2012

What can I say but the whole experience was a waste of our money and quite frankly our time! Tables were so sticky the paper place mats were stuck to the surface, service was terrible, our plates from our starters weren't even collected throughout the whole meal. As for the food - the shank of lamb was mainly fat congealing in tastless gravy, my jacket potato looked like it had been cooked the day before as it was tastless and black in sde and out. We had been waiting so long for our main course that I had to go and find someone to ask where they were and quite honestly I wish I hadn' bothered!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Do not even bother with this place,the food is rubbish and the service is very slow(need more staff).

We had the Sunday Carvery and there was only one person at the till with 16 people waiting to order,the food is not fresh at all and looks like it has come out of the freezer.

The Turkey was all rolled up??? and the Potatoes were deep fried and as for the Gravey it was like water.

If its a Carvery you want then drive another 3 Miles to the Toby in either Bromley Common or the one in Bexleyheath.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went here a couple of weeks ago, had the Sunday Carvery and works out about £13 for a 3 course pp which basically means you get the usual carvery (just like any other) plus a soup (we had minestrone) and for dessert its basically either ice cream or apple pie. Loved the carvery, always my favourite, and its just like any other in that you get to choose out of three, which 'meats' you want and you can go back for more veg as many times as you like!! I thought it was well worth the money we paid and i got really 'filled up' which is just what you want. The coke i had was bottomless for around £2.50 and the coffee lat'e (£2.50ish) was bottomless too, which i was extremely surprised about as i have never had that before!! I would definately recommend to friends (we hope to be going back again soon) and i would definately suggest turning up for the carvery at 12.00noon as the get extremely busy and is very popular! Give it a go.........................................!!

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I've come here and theyve completely over cooked a steak!
Got all 4 meals wrong, 2 steaks overcooked, chips bone dry on all meals and discoloured, cold scampi, peas weren't fresh and were smushy, had been re heated.
The waiters took care of the problems and were friendly but not gonna be coming here again!