“Always brilliant... Try it...”
Review of La Cucina

La Cucina
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Sidcup
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Always brilliant... Try it...”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a friends birthday meal - food was very good (it always is!), wine was great and staff were perfect! An awesome local restaurant that we should all commit to support.... Oh and the Dessert trolley is exceptional!

9 Thank Tomess

Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“bellisimo”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My sister treated us to a meal here sat night 7pm. Fairly quiet when we got there had a lovely table by open door to garden area & as it was a warm evening it was great. Friendly staff, efficient service even as it got very busy. I had lobster ravioli delicious. They had chicken masala but I wanted Veal masala which wasnt on menu but they were happy to do this & it was excellent, shared the vegetable medley & had sauteed mushrooms & tried deep fried courgettes too YUM !
Everyone in our party of 4 enjoyed their meal & I tried a tiny bit of most of their meals. Profiteroles, strawberries & cream to finish, wonderful ! I want to go back asap as the items on the menu are to die for.......:-)

• Visited July 2014
8 Thank Christine m
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Back in my wife's good book”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just returned home from a meal at La Cucina, having celebrated my wife's 60th birthday there. I was a little bit apprehensive, having read some of the reviews on this site, but my wife insisted on spending her birthday there. The evening was a complete success. We chose the set menu at £21.95p a person. The meal was fantastic. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great and the staff were very friendly. The wines were a bit on the expensive side, but I suppose you get what you pay for. We were so impressed that we have already booked our Christmas day lunch there. All in all, both my wife and I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Visited July 2014
8 Thank sleazebuster
kent
“Still the best in my opinion”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I returned to my favourite restaurant with family in April and friends in May and this is still a special place with brilliant staff.
I cannot understand how people feel that the food can be bland or overpriced, as I have always found the food to be faultless and the price competitive.
I firmly believe that you get what you pay for though I accept ordering separate vegetables can make the meal more expensive but when eating at other restaurants within the area, of a similar ilk the price is around the same.
My only criticism is that if there are loud parties they can have an impact on other diners and this happened when returning with my friends however; my friends still enjoyed their meal and advised they fully intend to return.
Funnily enough I'm returning with friends again tonight, so will update again soon

• Visited April 2014
11 Thank leezy1
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“QUICK SNACK”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Met Hannah at this little Italian restaurant and had a lovely little meeting with the family a few drinks and we sat outside on a lovely evening. Staff were very friendly would visit again but book first as it gets very busy and you would not want to be disappointed

• Visited June 2014