“an italian tardis”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“an italian tardis”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First time at this 'local' restaurant. Lunch time 3 course set menu (with wide choice of options) at a sensible price.
All tables fully booked - good spacing between - for a large group the oval table in the snug is probably best - particularly if taking elderly/disabled guests (due to proximity of loos).

Service - attentive. Main courses were generous in portion size - with good selection of accompanying vegetables cooked just right (for my taste). It is a while since I have had veal, but felt it could have been less chewy in the middle, however the mushroom sauce was lovely.

Wide selection of desserts - opted for Tiramasu, expecting it to be spectacularly Italian and moist, but think it was probably a 'bought in' version and 'average'.

I would definitely return to this Restaurant, particularly for a special occasion as the management are happy to oblige with additional touches to enhance the occasion.

• Visited March 2013
37 Thank Maxy9

Sandy, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 79,774 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable Sunday lunch in a pleasant atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had been to La Cucina several times before for an evening meal since our daughter, son-in-law and family moved to Kent five years ago, which we had all thoroughly enjoyed, but this is the first time we have been for Sunday lunch.

As before, we were greeted by the friendly staff and made to feel welcome. Two of our party were delayed and we apologised to the staff but there was no problem. Some of our party chose from the set Sunday lunch menu and others chose from the A la carte menu. All our meals were thoroughly enjoyable, with generous portions all round and we were not rushed at all.

Desserts from the sweet trolley were delicious with a wide variety to choose from.

The food is reasonably priced and there is a good choice of wine available.

We would definitely recommend La Cucina for Sunday lunch or an evening meal. We will be returning next time we go to visit our family in Kent. It is advisable to book in advance to avoid disappointment, because we saw the staff apologising to a few people they had to turn away because they had unfortunately not booked beforehand.

• Visited March 2013
353 Thank Sandygranny
Kent
“Fantastic Meal & Service Everytime”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have eaten here serveral times now with friends in small and big groups and everytime is perfect. Food is gret and service and staff are brilliant. You wont go wrong picking here.

• Visited November 2012
80 Thank Marc D
kent
“Still one of the best”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants but I like to try different places and my girlfriend is not a great lover of Italian food, so haven't been back for about 15 months.
I finally persuaded my girlfriend to give it a go and lucky we did. The food is still gorgeous, with plenty of choice and it did not disappoint one bit.
The only negative was that there was a large party celebrating a 60th birthday and it was a bit loud, which couldnt be helped I suppose however there were times when me and my girlfriend struggled to hear each other properly.
Might be worth checking to see if there are any large bookings when calling to book.
I will definately be returning and hope not to leave it as long next time

• Visited February 2013
72 Thank leezy1
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch Value”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently had Sunday Lunch with a large group. We were squeezed in a bit but could not be helped with the size of our group. The Sunday Lunch menu proved excellent value for money. A rasonable number of starters and main courses to select from. I had the veal and mushroom main which was very tasty. Not sure about the Roast Meats: but no-one complained. I prefer the a la carte menu but the prices are greater.

• Visited February 2013