The Royal Oak
T & J Motel(Flimwell)
$94
$83
The George Hotel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
$75
$72
$130
Star & Eagle Hotel(Goudhurst)(Great Value!)
$112
$129
Travelocity
The Brickwall Hotel(Sedlescombe)(Great Value!)
$130
$64
$48
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfriday nightsunday roasthot waterfirst floorbar and restaurantnight staylovely placewarm welcomenikkikeycerealpartnermushroomshastingsrye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Fab hotel very clean staff really lovely and very helpful food was the best will be booking again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a great place!. Booked through 'LateRooms' @£39.95 including breakfast this represented excellent value for money. Knowing I was scheduled to arrive earlier than a normal check-in time, I rang beforehand to ask if I may book in to my room for 1pm in readiness for an afternoon meeting nearby. No problem, nothing too much trouble. The new owners were in the process of installing new audio equipment in the bar area, and although it was somewhat chaotic, a girl called Hannah (who was so helpful) had made sure my room was ready and also explained how the new owners are trying to improve the hotel. To begin with, easy parking, and the hotel looks inviting from the outside. Beautiful decor inside, and quite a nice garden at the rear. My room had obviously been refurbished (No.6) and was of a good size, especially the bathroom. Light oak beams, nice toiletries, lovely towels, and a great flat screen TV. Minor issues, main light did not work, kettle lead too short to the plug, shower a bit hit and miss (showerhead, not power-shower), no towel rail which was daft considering the amount of space in there, and the only mirror was a tiny one above the sink which again I thought was odd. HOWEVER, these are minor points, and did not detract from the overall experience. Although I didn't eat there in the evening, the menu looked fantastic, and the breakfast (full English) was brilliant. I certainly wish the owners well, and would definitely go back. You shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight after visiting friends in Hastings as part of a Groupn deal. The room was basic but fine with a large flat-screen tv, tea and coffee facilities and a good sized bathroom with shower. However, where the hotel excelled was its restaurant and service. Both of us had trouble making a choice from the menu as everything sounded good. However eventually we plumped for whitebait and pate to start and duck and rib-eye steak for mains. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Full English breakfast the next morning was just as good. The service was lovely and the staff welcoming. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My room was very clean and spacious. The shower was nice and hot and clean. My room had a double and a single bed which was comfortable. Nice clean white sheets. Tea and coffee making
Facilities and a good sizes free view tv in the room. In the bar and restaurant i felt relaxed as there was a good atmospher to the place. I was really impressed with the food I ate in the evening and at breakfast time. Quite large portions but still packed with lots of flavour. I would definitely stay here if I was in this area again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife Jenny and I bought a "deal" at The Royal Oak on Groupon and we were very pleased. I understand the Hotel was taken over and subsequently reopened last July (2011). Apparently following a rather patchy time before. The beds were very comfortable and if anything the breakfast was a tad overwhelming. The new owners have spruced up the place and the menu was varied and suited us both as I am a carnivore and Jenny is vegetarian. We found the service particularly good and that made the difference. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple