Orange County Coorg was a wonderful luxurious destination. We travelled by car from the Orange County Kabini resort. Stopped at the Golden Temple on the way in and then traveled to Coorg. We informed the hotel that we were coming from Kabini and would like to see the Golden Temple. They did arrange for the "naturalist" hotel/tour guide to meet us there. We had a wonderful tour with Ganish. He was enthusiastic and was excited to teach us about the site and the area.
We arrived at the Hotel which was about 1 hr drive from the Golden Temple. The Staff was waiting for us and greeted us with, cool towels and a local beverage. The staff immediately took over and walked us through where we need to go and how the property is arranged. We had an assigned person to go with us to the room and lets know how the villa worked. Very nice touch. She went over every detail of the property and the villa. We had the private pool villa which was exquisite. The room are basically a nice suite with a living room, kitchenette, separate bedroom with office desk area. There is a nice sitting type area with an atrium as you come in, this allows for more seating, if needed. We were only two but if you have guests or extra family this gives you sitting room. The bedroom was nice and large and the bathroom was equally impressive. The bed rustic looking and matress was a little hard, but with an upgraded mattress, that room will be perfect. There were 4 access points to the outer area, 3 in the back area of the villa i.e., and entry door. Very secure property with beautiful trees, greenery and wild birds, lake fish, turtles and otters to enjoy.
The food was very good also and was all included in the stay. The bottled water/hard drinks and room service are extra. There is a water purification system that they use for drinking purposes for those not wanting bottled water. There was 3 designated restaurants. The sit down dinner was our favorite as you ordered from a menu and the meal came piping hot to your table. We also ordered room service and the menu had a variety of things. The Pork red chili curry was our favorite. I nice option to have and a slightly different menu to try. The private living quarters are so relaxing and inviting you want to stay and enjoy the place.
The outside area on the private pool villa (ppc) was just awesome. The views are spectacular. The sounds nature all around you was so wonderful and calming. The private pool is warmed by the sun and gets adequately warm to enjoy. The pool may be too small for a family but for relaxing and soaking in the sun it's perfect. There is also an adult pool not too far off that is large and a family friendly pool that is by the main office that is designated for kids and activities. You can sit and chill or go get out and do many activities. Walking around the complex itself was a nice nature walk. There is a fishing pond and a green house area where all type of plants are grown. You can get a latte at the reading lounge if you so choose. Tried the Ayurveda treatment as well. Well it was a different experience not your conventional spa treatment and I can now say I've done that too. The facility takes credit cards so at check out you can by directly with you bank card. All in all this is a wonderful facility and the staff is terrific.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordered by the legendary river Cauvery and surrounded by virginal forests,Evolve Back, Coorg or Evolve Back Chikkana Halli Estate, Coorg the new name of Orange County, Coorg is a 300 acre working plantation resort perched at a height of 800 m that gives you the most luxurious introduction yet into the deepest secrets of this mystic mountain. Come, allow the spirit of the land to infuse your very being and coax you gently on a personal voyage of discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evolve Back, Coorg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orange County, Coorg Hotel Siddapura
- Orange County Hotel
- Orange County Kodagu
- Evolve Back, Coorg India/Siddapura