“Sour and Sweet Experience”
Review of Evolve Back, Coorg

Evolve Back, Coorg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Siddapura
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hello Friends, I had a family vacation to Orange County from 13th Oct till 16th Oct. I checked-in in the Lilly pool cottage. On my second day, the geyser was not working and I complained to the housekeeping staff at 6:00AM; they sent an electrician and he fixed it. After 60 minutes , I saw that there was no hot water.

Second time I complained to their front office , housekeeping and Bangalore booking team..Mr Raj Sharma (housekeeping manager) and Noor Ahemad (front office manager ) came to my room and promised to take actions immediately. But there was no proper response from any of them till 10:30AM.

I spoke to Priyanka (Bangalore booking office) and wanted to talk to Mr Jose Ramapuram (head of marketing). Priyanka promised to connect me with Mr Jose Ramapuram ; but no response from her.

At 10:45AM , Mrs Kanthi madam (General manager) and Mr Thomas Paul (Resident manager) came to my room and assured to provide me another room. As the resort occupancy was 100% , then took few more min (till 11:30AM) to provide me an LPV (Lilly Pool Villa).

The behavior shown by Mrs Kanthi madam and Mr Thomas Paul was excellent ; they are humble, polite and soft. They understand the guest's issues and provide the solutions immediately. The remaining 2 days were excellent stay for my family starting from food, activities and personal interaction.

Mr Raj Sharma had taken care well on housekeeping and always to ask if I need anything.

This was my second trip to Orange County (after 2007). I felt there was sour and sweet experience in my stay ; but the people like Mrs Kanthi Madam , Mr Thomas Paul and Raj Sharma have brought smile to my family.

Few things to know :

1. Always go for LPV or PPV
2. Ask for specific food to the chefs ; they are happy to prepare food on your choice
3. Must to do : Plantation walk, Worker's trail , Fishing near Anthurium Garden , Fish Feeding, Take a buggy around the resort, Coracle Boating, Cycling, bird's watching etc
4. Don't miss 7:30PM cultural program... Fantastic
5. Nature walk

Samir Kumar Sahoo
Mob- +91 99720 21205
Stayed in LPV 201

Room Tip: Choose newly renovated Lilly Pool Villas (201, 202)
2  Thank Sameer6727
OrangeCountyResorts, General Manager at Evolve Back, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings to you!

Thank you for your feedback.

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused to you at the resort. We’d like to assure you that such incidents are a rarity at our resorts.

As soon as we received your call regarding the unavailability of hot water in the room, our maintenance department attended to the issue and replaced the thermostat in the geyser. However, when this failed to address the problem, we offered you a change of room and later a complimentary up gradation to a superior room – a Lily Pool Villa.

Looking forward to having you visit us again.

Warm Regards,

General Manager – Operations

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Please read all the other reviews for details on accommodation, food, service - every single word is true. This place truly deserves an A+ for everything and I don't want to repeat the same review.

I am an avid Bird Watcher and this review is more aimed towards nature enthusiasts.
My husband and I and our two year old daughter stayed here between 8-11 Oct 2013 in a Lily Pool Cottage. We had a lily pool and exclusive swimming pool adjoining our villa overlooking Green Paddy fields. It gave us the luxury of privacy including bird watching from the deck.
The resort allows you to take a guided Bird Watching trip and this resort is a haven for birds and bird watchers. The guides are very knowledgeable and passionate about bird watching - a special shout out to Murthy who provided us with an awesome experience going around their 35 acre property just watching birds. He knows calls of various birds and knows exactly which bird we are likely to find in a given area/spot. They have a big stock of binoculars that you can borrow, the guides carry an IPad and a Bird book and draw out both if you need details about a particular bird. They are also knowledgeable about most bird and nesting behaviors.
October month turned out to be the best season to visit, the Malabar Horn-bills were aplenty just like the crows in the plains.
They also have naturalists that have knowledge on reptiles, butterflies etc.

We also did their Coffee Plantation Worker's Trail where they gave us an overview of the plantation and the workers, it was an awesome experience.
Every evening we also witnessed folk dances from that region.

Food is just awesome you can pick to eat at any of their three restaurants.
There is also one common swimming pool which has a toddler's pool and a second common swimming pool only for adults where children below 16 years of age are not allowed

There is something for everyone to do here. Their hospitality is most amazing, they truly understand what it means. Its like your wish is their command. They have things like a kid's stroller and baby rockers that you can borrow.
The staff is very very polite, well trained and ensure they do whatever it takes to make your stay pleasurable. I'd definitely like to go back again.

Room Tip: If you're booking through the internet then all the available room options are not visible on th...
1  Thank NehaKannan
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I gifted my parents a weekend at Orange County for their 30th Anniversary - and trust me, I could not have provided them with a better experience than what they had at Orange County. I would like to give a BIG shout out to Nirali Sanghvi, Chef Aakash of Plantain Leaf, and every other person that took SUCH AMAZING care of my parents - the buggy driver, the room supervisor and the cleaners and just everyone who was around them. You have all impressed my parents very much with your genuine hospitality. I had informed the resort that it was my parents anniversary and that they were very traditional with regard to food (only eat vegetarian, no onion, no garlic and many other more restrictions). The resort surprised them with a cake on their anniversary, and each person wished them personally. The service was so personal, I felt like I have sent my parents to stay at my friend's home! I recommend this place 100% for anyone who values a beautiful weekend surrounded by top class hospitality! My parents still can't believe how nice the people were... Thank you again Orange County!

1  Thank Deepika N
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at Orange County, Karadigodu, Saddapur, Coorg, Karnataka, India from 15.-17.September 2013. UNIQUE EXPERIENCE !

The quality of one´s vacation directly depends upon your accomodation and the quality of this depends upon how well this is managed and equipped.Not only very good management, very good accomodation and very good services but this hotel is also ECO-friendly.

Our many thanks to every personell of The Orange County.

Mrs. and Mr. Shirish Patel
Salier Str. 6
D-75446 Wiernsheim
Germany

Room Tip: Pool Villa
2  Thank Shirish P
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here in a pool villa in late September. Initially we were given a lilly pool villa that unfortunately was within view and earshot of construction work within the resort. It is testimony to the amazing hospitality we experienced during the rest of the stay that this has not prevented us from attributing Orange County, Coorg a full 5 stars for our review. We were quickly assigned another pool villa away from the work. Both rooms were very spacious, elegantly furnished, well equipped and spotlessly clean.

We felt truely pampered at this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the friendly and professional staff. We fell in love with the reading room where the lovely librarian served up perfect cappucinos from the estates beans. There are three restaurants at the hotel and our package allowed us to eat at any of them. We tried the buffet style one first and the food was so good that we didn't even bother to try any of the others.

There's plenty to do on site as there are several complimentary nature walks and such like organized by the hotel. We didn't join any as the room was so eye wateringly special that we spent our whole time relaxing in the good sized private pool and garden area. I really could have spent and extra day or so at this resort and found it hard to tear myself away from the place.

2  Thank Happytraveller12397
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Indeed, 'The Orange County' happens to be amongst my finest and most beautiful experiences in life. Having travelled around the world, i am yet to come across a finer place. It is a perfect amalgamation of warm hospitality, serene aura, welcoming cuisines and most of all the wonderful approach of every individual there. From the restaurant to the house keeping, every member was just so pleasing and wonderful. We were purely pampered with a large heart and i am sure this place must belong to someone very noble and regal. I am now planing my next stay at Kabini :-).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ElveraMehra
Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was truly an amazing experience staying @ Orange County! We perfectly enjoyed every bit of it! Every service personnel are truly professional & kind to the core! Food was amazing. Best place to have a relaxed holiday and to get rejuvenated. Waiting to visit this place again.

Room Tip: God for the Lilly Pool Cottage! Its super cool...
3  Thank Karthik A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siddapura
Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa, Coorg
Old Kent Estates, Coorg
Old Kent Estates, Coorg
#2 of 2 in Suntikoppa
Coorg Jungle Camp Backwater Resort

Been to Evolve Back, Coorg? Share your experiences!