My first visit to Orange county has left me with awe-inspiring and extraordinary experience. A luxury resort in Coorg surrounded by 300 acres of coffee plantation, producing the famous 'Robust a coffee'.
I visited this place with my family and was zapped by the breathtaking view towards the resort. It is situated around a remote village, on the banks of river 'Kaveri'.
I visited this place with my family. while entering the resort instantly was greeted by a traditionally dressed lady, and was given some cold coffee, the check in experience i had was by far the worst in any resort. After the coffee i was asked which room i had to send the bags in where as i had not even seen the rooms we had booked.
It was not until evening @ the cultural show i realized there were other Adventure activities i could do during my stay at the place. After a lot of rushing and scrambling i reached my hotel room. We had booked 4 rooms, 2 of which were a normal cottages and 2 where the private pool villa. The rooms were well spaced with beautiful views. the private pool villa had a sitting area, where are entire family could fit in and we used to spend time there catching up.
Being tired we went to have lunch @ Granary a buffet lunch awaited us. food quality was wonderful through out my stay. the hunters bar is a small bar @ the restaurant well stacked with spirits, i would suggest not to drink beer at the property because it was days close to the expiration.
There are 3 Restaurants in the resort;
Plantain Leaf- a la carte with fixed menu restaurant, for those who would like a taste of south India, i would highly recommend this place at least once, they also serve north Indian cuisine.
Pepper corn- also a la carte with fixed menu serving sizzlers pasta and barbequed food. a must visit place for couples at night.
Places of interest are the bird watching tour it requires lot of patience patience. Mr. ganesh is good at calling out birds. for nature lover there is plantation drive.
Over all a wonderful experience and good food. the check in and check out process should be done properly being the face of the property, the service at the restaurant should be also taken care off. During check out we asked Mr. Kiran to give extra comment card he said they don't have anymore. also he was not helpful when asked questions.
To sum it up..... dark forest with trees from around the world, 320 birds species, private villa lake view, a must visit Eco friendly destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordered by the legendary river Cauvery and surrounded by virginal forests,Evolve Back, Coorg or Evolve Back Chikkana Halli Estate, Coorg the new name of Orange County, Coorg is a 300 acre working plantation resort perched at a height of 800 m that gives you the most luxurious introduction yet into the deepest secrets of this mystic mountain. Come, allow the spirit of the land to infuse your very being and coax you gently on a personal voyage of discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Evolve Back, Coorg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orange County, Coorg Hotel Siddapura
- Orange County Hotel
- Orange County Kodagu
- Evolve Back, Coorg India/Siddapura