“Run away if you're not a chav!”

Royal Decameron Mompiche
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mompiche
Barcelona, Spain
“Run away if you're not a chav!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The place is gorgeous though it's a pity they built in such a paradise.
But if you are looking for a luxurious place filled with tranquillity you need to run away fast!!

It is a place for family who like to spend their day in the pool or filling up their bellies with the 24 hour buffet while listening to non stop and loud salsa and merengue.

Rooms are big but not special. The view is amazing and the deserted island in front of the resort is a true paradise with crabs and star fish and many other nature-like things.

Avoid the tours they offer, they are overcharged and useless, the true paradise is right in front of the resort. There you can escape from the chavs who populate the places

The spa, isolated on a little isle next to the rooms is another good spot to forget where you actually are.

Room Tip: Hide in the spa island and take a massage.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ilSeriedipendente

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Worst place I have ever been!!!! 2 hour ride from airport cab or bus!!! food was terrible, cold outside restaurants with ceiling fans going never giving your food a chance to stay warm!! If you don't speak spanish you are all on your own. strictly a spanish resort. pool water, FREEZING COLD, beach water tolerable but cold. immigration wait 2hrs in Quito!! checked our boarding pass 3 times after we left the terminal boarding the plane in Quito to the U.S. just got home to the U.S. 9/14/12 and very grateful!!!

Room Tip: don't go!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank lolifebiker
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Mompiche in Ecuador, what a joke! Go there if you like to be treated badly. The Regional Manager did not know that you can make reservations at their own web site ! He promised a refund after, get this: we were told, when we arrived, that the reservation was cancelled because it was a day earlier, then, because we did not pay (I had proof in my PC that I made a deposit in their account) Then they told us if I can prove it, they will let me stay. I did that from their own office computer, and they did not. They made me pay again, with my credit card, with the promise of a refund, when they see my deposit posted by their bank. Then the ride started: your room is given to you after 4:00 PM. No wonder so many people were at the lobby (all pissed). So if you arrive earlier, no room, no food. Then you have to make reservations to eat, you miss it, you eat a sandwich. Then our room had a broken AC, which according to the AC tech, the hotel knew before hand. We finally got another room at midnight. To keep cool we went to the pool (they have several) and, oh surprise! they close at sundown (for maintenance, daily!) We went to the disco, but all seats were “reserved” by whoever tips the waiter first. The so called entertainment (video, table soccer, pool table) closes al 10:30 PM. So, nothing to do. Bars close as well. Needless to say, to get my refund I had to call the several times, and finally I had to go to their main office in Quito to get a check, 3 weeks later……and I live in Atlanta ! Shame on them ! The local police told me that the place is being investigated, no wonder.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Renault2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Excellent location. Lots od people and lines. Poor food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Joao M
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We came with a large group to stay at the Royal Decameron Mompiche, and we found a wonderful gem in a very rural part of Ecuador! The grounds are clean and beautifully kept; the pools inviting and the rooms in clusters around the perimeter of the main area mean less neighborly noise.
The meals are generous and included in the price of the all-inclusive; four restaurants, three you need reservations for, give a wide variety of food. As a celiac, I would've been happier with better signage on the food, or at least someone to ask. As a person who speaks Spanish, this was a better possibility than with the friends we travelled with who spoke no Spanish.
Since only one or two of the staff speak English, and they work in the lobby area, I would caution anyone with real health issues to take a very well translated copy of your needs to show whomever.
The resort offers lots and lots of activities from snorkling to swimming, sunning to sailing (para-). I am being poetic, but there were many things you could choose to do, and many things offered free of charge. Just some free advice...take along a good sun block and apply often. Ecuador is on the equator and you can burn very quickly.
A word of caution, the underage guests we travelled with were able to get their hands on drinks in spite of their "restricted" wrist bands. I know this has been noted before. I am noting it again.
A word of thanks to Blanca at the front desk who was very patient with us, the chambermaids who called as were checking out to say that items had been left in two rooms, and to Jacqueline in the reservation office who worked with me for about a year to make this trip the success it was!

Room Tip: Our room backed onto the ocean! Wow! What a view, the surf the only noise blanket we needed, and t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank rayslindy1979
Quito
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I went to Mompiche two months ago. It was really a beautiful experience. I went to this marvelous beach with my cousins, their families and my sister.
We went to the Royal Decameron Hotel. There were too much people. The hotel was full. I think it was because we went on holiday so all the people went out of the city especially to the coast as usually on these dates.
The weather was really good. All the days were sunny and this allowed us to enjoy the beach as much as possible.
There were to many activities to do in this hotel such as dance, do water sports, go to the disco or the cinema, play tennis, etc. and this was good because we could make friends of the different cities of the country.
I really recommend this trip, this beach and this hotel especially if you want to spend an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Gabriela M
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed there with my family I have to say it is a beautiful hotel. I have visited some five stars resorts and you have to be realistic about this is not a five star, son dont expect that, but you will a find a really beautiful hotel for the money you pay. The road to the hotel has improved a lot and this is not an issue anymore. Food is good, thematic restaurants are good but wine is awful. Rooms are really nice, with really good beds, a big bathroom, air conditioned and LCD tv. Views are amazing and if you go there, don´t miss the sunset.
If your legs are not very well, this isnt the hotel for you because you have to climb a lot and you will hate it.
A very good advice: stay away from the Multivaciones people, they will promiss the sky but you will regret it when you read the contract after you signed it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank JuanManuel84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mompiche
Hotel Crucero
#1 of 18 in Mompiche
Los Balcones de Mompiche
Los Balcones de Mompiche
#5 of 18 in Mompiche

Been to Royal Decameron Mompiche? Share your experiences!