Royal Decameron Mompiche
$208
$169
$95
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Perla Verde(Esmeraldas)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal decameronbeautiful locationfamily or friendsbeach towelsdifferent activitieswi fisoupsall inclusive hotelreserve a tablebusiness centeroutdoor poolpina coladashows at nightgreat facilitieswater sportspoolsecuador
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We came with a large group to stay at the Royal Decameron Mompiche, and we found a wonderful gem in a very rural part of Ecuador! The grounds are clean and beautifully kept; the pools inviting and the rooms in clusters around the perimeter of the main area mean less neighborly noise.
The meals are generous and included in the price of the all-inclusive; four restaurants, three you need reservations for, give a wide variety of food. As a celiac, I would've been happier with better signage on the food, or at least someone to ask. As a person who speaks Spanish, this was a better possibility than with the friends we travelled with who spoke no Spanish.
Since only one or two of the staff speak English, and they work in the lobby area, I would caution anyone with real health issues to take a very well translated copy of your needs to show whomever.
The resort offers lots and lots of activities from snorkling to swimming, sunning to sailing (para-). I am being poetic, but there were many things you could choose to do, and many things offered free of charge. Just some free advice...take along a good sun block and apply often. Ecuador is on the equator and you can burn very quickly.
A word of caution, the underage guests we travelled with were able to get their hands on drinks in spite of their "restricted" wrist bands. I know this has been noted before. I am noting it again.
A word of thanks to Blanca at the front desk who was very patient with us, the chambermaids who called as were checking out to say that items had been left in two rooms, and to Jacqueline in the reservation office who worked with me for about a year to make this trip the success it was!

Room Tip: Our room backed onto the ocean! Wow! What a view, the surf the only noise blanket we needed, and the room itself fabulous. My only regret...we didn't stay longer!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank rayslindy1979
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I went to Mompiche two months ago. It was really a beautiful experience. I went to this marvelous beach with my cousins, their families and my sister.
We went to the Royal Decameron Hotel. There were too much people. The hotel was full. I think it was because we went on holiday so all the people went out of the city especially to the coast as usually on these dates.
The weather was really good. All the days were sunny and this allowed us to enjoy the beach as much as possible.
There were to many activities to do in this hotel such as dance, do water sports, go to the disco or the cinema, play tennis, etc. and this was good because we could make friends of the different cities of the country.
I really recommend this trip, this beach and this hotel especially if you want to spend an unforgettable holiday.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Gabriela M
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed there with my family I have to say it is a beautiful hotel. I have visited some five stars resorts and you have to be realistic about this is not a five star, son dont expect that, but you will a find a really beautiful hotel for the money you pay. The road to the hotel has improved a lot and this is not an issue anymore. Food is good, thematic restaurants are good but wine is awful. Rooms are really nice, with really good beds, a big bathroom, air conditioned and LCD tv. Views are amazing and if you go there, don´t miss the sunset.
If your legs are not very well, this isnt the hotel for you because you have to climb a lot and you will hate it.
A very good advice: stay away from the Multivaciones people, they will promiss the sky but you will regret it when you read the contract after you signed it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank JuanManuel84
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I went to visit with my grandparents being that we were told is a beautiful welcome place as tourist from Edison New Jersey and we were not allowed in not only that my grandparents are native to that country and wanted to visit and we still were not allowed in I'm very unpleased and angry at there hospatality I bet if you took out some cash they will let you in no problem

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank iespinal7
Reviewed December 7, 2011

It's Expensive, FAKE and above all, this "resort" has destroyed the naturalness and beautifulness of the beaches in and around Mompiche. I definitely do not recommend this place to anyone and I would not be found dead back at this horrific place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family