My wife and I stayed at Craig-y-nos in one of the rooms located in the Nurses Block. Although we were aware that the bathroom facilities were shared, I was surprised at the lack of facilities covering the entire block. The thin walls and decor did little to deaden noises and therefore virtually all sounds in the corridor and neighbouring rooms were constantly audible. This in short was an experience reminiscent of school trips, which would be all well and good, had they charged us hostel prices, but we were paying city centre hotel prices.
Renovation work was being carried out at the castle, which meant the spa facilities were not in use, despite the fact that they were advertised as part of the experience.
The room was clean and comfortable enough but the decoration consisted mainly of photos of the castle and previous weddings that had been held there, which amounted to blatant and garish further advertising for themselves.
The setting and grounds are very picturesque and the building looked stunning, it's just a shame that the interior didn’t meet the same standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a stunning location and the carefully preserved ambiance of a Welsh Castle Craig y Nos offers visitors a unique experience, whether it be just enjoying an overnight stay, or as a guest at a major function. Now largely restored to its former glory which, set against the backdrop of the park, makes it the ideal base for walkers, photographers, and other visitors to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Craig-y-Nos Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Nos Castle Hotel Penycae
- Craig-y-Nos Castle Wales/Penycae