My wife and I stayed in 2005 and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. It was only recently that we were able to return again with our 2 border terriers and it was nice to see a lot of enhancements without the loss of the quirky charm of this hotel. Don't expect the Ritz but do expect comfortable, clean, comfortable, great value rooms in a fantastic and interesting castle setting. The public areas of the bar/lounges and dining/billiard room are a great plus point as they are places you can just sit with a book and a pint after a long walk in the Brecons and they have lovely views from the windows. We Didn't try the food this time round (we went to a couple of the local pubs) but can vouch that the cooked breakfast was very good and added to the many generous offerings of this hotel. It is emphasised that it is a work in progress (most of the closed and derelict areas you can't see anyway unless you go on the ghost tours), but the success they have in the wedding market shows that this does not detract from what a great place this is. I hope they carry on the gradual enhancements and hope to return sooner than in 8 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer a stunning location and the carefully preserved ambiance of a Welsh Castle Craig y Nos offers visitors a unique experience, whether it be just enjoying an overnight stay, or as a guest at a major function. Now largely restored to its former glory which, set against the backdrop of the park, makes it the ideal base for walkers, photographers, and other visitors to the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Craig-y-Nos Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Nos Castle Hotel Penycae
- Craig-y-Nos Castle Wales/Penycae