“Amazing Caving”
Review of Sbri Cymru

Sbri Cymru
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Penycae
More attraction details
Owner description: An exciting Adventure Activity Company based in the Heart of the Brecon Beacons delivering a wide range of activities such as Abseiling, Bushcraft, Climbing, Caving, Gorgewalking and more.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Caving”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent the day caving at Porth yr Ogof yesterday with Jen from Sbri Cymru and it was the most incredible day I have had for a very long time. Jen was a fantastic leader; she made us feel safe and secure, was extremely knowledgeable about the caves and made the whole day challenging and exciting. Each challenge was different and despite some of them looking impossible at first glance, Jen encouraged and reassured us so that the whole group completed every obstacle! Caving is an experience quite unlike any other. The peace and darkness underground are soothing but the adrenalin rush of squeezing through tiny spaces and exploring the beautiful cave system is exhilarating. I learnt so much about the geology and history of the cave and also had a full body work out! I can't recommend this trip enough!

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Amazing Adventure!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Caving is a definite must do with Sbri Cymru! I went to Porth Yr Ogof, a cave with a lot of geographical history and breathtaking sights. Some of the areas of the cave had a whole otherworldly element. I was immediately put to ease by the skilled instructor, who was both professional and very easy to get along with. If you're looking for something different and a lot of fun then this is the trip for you! I had such a brilliant day and am looking forward to booking to do it again. P.S. this is the cave used in Merlin!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Caving - A perfect mix of excitement and geological facts!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The cave we went to was fascinating and beautiful. The sounds and lights were incredible. It had a great mix of technical and exciting areas.

The trip was expertly administered by our patient and knowledgable guide (Jen). She gave us all a chance to lead, encouraged us when we needed it and had a fantastic sense of humour. She quickly worked out our skill set and catered the exploration perfectly. Never rushed, never forced and paced exactly right. Exhausted, bruised and happy! I have never appreciated the sky so much.

Would recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank Russell_j_clark
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would like to say a massive thank you to Steff for delivering a great day of climbing and gorgewalking!

I wanted to get my sporty other half something different for his birthday so I started looking at activity weekends in Wales and came across Sbri Cymru. They offered a great selection of activities which you were able to mix and match to create your ideal day. At first I saw a lot of pictures of youths and decided to check that at 22 we weren't too old to take part!

Everything from the navagating website, the booking process and finding the place to meet was hassle free. The information provided was useful and made sure we were prepared for the day ahead which was great since I had ended up planning this weekend rather last minute!

The day itself was lots of fun and we learnt a lot about climbing techniques and the areas we saw of the national park. We spent a lot of the morning climbing and learning what to do with the ropes so that we were able to climb by ourseves at a later date. From the start we were able to take charge of the ropes and with Steffan's supervision our climbing technique improved each time we climbed the wall. In the afternoon I choose gorgewalking as I wanted to do an activity that incorportated the waterfalls and the river of the national park. I think the name "gorgewalking" doesn't do this activity justice! Aside from the walking we climbed, jumped off ledges, swam AND crawled through waterfalls! It was certainly an action packed afternoon and I am forever grateful that Steffan took pictures of our exerience! Both the activities meant that you were challenged but never felt unsafe.

I would certainly recommend Sbri Cymru to anyone who wants a great day out or (like me) looking to get someone a truely awesome birthday present!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Caving trip”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Having been on a few caving trips with Jen and Steff, I knew I was in safe hands. Jen took us down Porth Yr Ogof, which I had done before and is a great starter cave for those who have never been before. I was taking my boyfriend for the first time so Jen took us here.

Detailed information is given about the history of the cave and a full safety brief before you get started. Spend about 2 hours underground exploring all the hidden gems inside the cave, my favourite is the letter box :)

Great experience for those interested in trying something different. Full support and guidance given Jen, really fun active adventure.

Can't wait for my next trip :)

Visited June 2013