“a veritable treasure trove”
Review of Sithara Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virajpet
Sithara Homestay
Ranked #2 of 15 Virajpet B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“a veritable treasure trove”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great to be at this wonderful house, full of lots of goodies, both tangible and atmospheric.
It sure was a veritable treasure trove.

We will cherish the stay and I shouldn't say forever since we hope to return. :-)

If you are looking for a formal hotel like experience, then you have no idea what a home stay should be like. Look for Coorgi breakfast delicacies cooked by the house. Also look for house made jams and Coorg sourced honey, sweeter than any I have ever tasted.

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms in total, ask for one on the higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had planned to visit Coorg during the long weekend of Sep 2013. Since we were booking at the very last day most properties were full. We were suggested Sithara home stay by another hotel in Coorg. It was surprising to find that all the reviews on trip advisor were positive and there were no negative ones for this homestay. We were a bit skeptical about it but decided to try it out for ourselves.
After staying on this property we would like to endorse all the positive reviews made about Sithara home stay. The personal interest taken by both Mr K.S. Uthaiah ( Pattu ) & Mrs Sundari is the reason for all the positive reviews. They take care of even the smallest details and as a result the guests who stay with them are delighted beyond expectation. Mrs Sundari even gave an eye drop to carry with us as my wife was having redness in her eye.
The property is situated in a valley and overlooking Virajpet town. It offers a splendid view of the western ghats. The homestay is in a separate 3 floor building adjoining their bungalow. The ground floor has two large bed rooms with attached dressing area and toilet. There is a verandah on three sides of the bed rooms. The verandah overlooking the valley is wider and has tables and chairs where you can relax and enjoy the view. There is a small kitchen counter on one end of this verandah where it possible to make tea and coffee. An ironing table and towel racks are also provided on each floor. The first floor has the same arrangement as the ground floor. The second floor has very clean & properly planned dining area with a big terrace overlooking the valley. The rooms, dining area and all other areas are kept immaculately clean. They have a large collection of very pretty plants (including orchids Anthuriums) which are aesthetically positioned along the verandah near the rooms and all around the dining hall.
The complementary breakfast comprises of local steamed Corgi Dishes along with bread, butter & homemade banana jam/guava jelly (must taste & bring back). We also had the Corgi style dinner (non veg). It was very tasty and was a full array of dishes. Mrs Sundri is a great Cook so the food served is just great.
We had booked two rooms for two nights for our family of four adults and an infant by phone. We promptly received the confirmation via e-mail. In addition to the confirmation, we also received detailed route guidance on how to reach the property, with places to see en-route and restaurant suggestions were we could have lunch. On the day of our arrival, Mr (Pattu) Uthaiah constantly kept in touch with us to check on our progress and also recommended that we reach directly to the homestay as it was raining profusely in Coorg.
Since we had an infant traveling with us, I phoned up Mr Uthaiah requesting if milk could be arranged for him. I was informed that Mrs Sundri Uthaiah had already arranged for milk as she knew that an infant was coming to stay.
Staying at this place was the highlight of our trip to Coorg and we would strongly recommend this home stay to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are good however in case one has difficulty in climbing stairs then he should opt for the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pattu and Sundari Uthaiah have created wonderful home for guests in the heart of Coorg. It looks over the town of Virajpet surrounded by lush coffee-planted hillsides. The rooms are not just clean and tidy but have been appointed with every comfort in mind. Pattu is a terrific host, fun and interesting to talk to and very engaging. Sundari's authentic Coorg cooking is superb! Her culinary prowess is truly admirable. We loved every meal and all the time we spent with this delightful couple. We travelled with our parents at the recommendation of a friend and our stay with the Uthaiahs turned out to be the highlight of our visit to Coorg. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was a guest at this marvelous place just a few days ago ,along with my Son and a cousin from B'lore. What can I say? Just a wonderful place to Holiday and it's immaculately clean ,along with excellent home cooked food to satisfy your palate. The view all around is fabulous. It's very quiet and that's what you look for on a holiday. I will definitely go back and stay there which will be in October and i know I don't have to look for another place The people who run the place take a lot of trouble to make you feel welcome and you will feel like you have always known them. Very friendly and just lovely people who know exactly when to be around you and when to leave you alone. I even made friends with the other guests staying there which was quiet nice. If you like Birds,there are plenty of those all around you,especially in the morning and very,very colorful Birds too. I can't help but praise this place in every respect.Now let me see if I have two hundred words in there because that's the requirement and I am not too good at streching things. Brevity is my name trait. Any way folks if you are looking for a nice quiet place to stay look no furthur. Take my word for it and hop in here. You will not go wrongh.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kumar19482013
Bangalore
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had the most wonderful time of our lives and will cherish this moment for a very long time.

I would also like to thank Mr and Mrs Uthaiah for the excellent hospitality that they extended to us and hoping to see them very soon in the near future.

Mr Uthaiah helped us in picking up the right Coffee powder and Jam. They even clicked our photos just to retain our memory. My wife has become a big fan of Mrs Uthaiah's cooking and gardening skills.

The climate also was perfect for the our outing with very minimal rainfall and we being strict vegetarians, we never had any issue about the food as everything was taken care so well.

I would gladly recommend this place to one and all.

Room Tip: All the 4 rooms are perfectly fine.
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kamalanabha
Coimbatore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My colleague's marriage was held on 23rd and 24th June in Virajpet. I planned to make it as a family outing along with the wedding. Though lot of hotels are available near madikeri, I felt that travelling back in the night after the "oorkodava" function may be difficult. So my choice narrowed down to Virajpet town. Based on Tripadvisor and reference from coffee trails (since they were booked on 23rd june), I booked in Sithara Home stay.

I must really say it is home away from home. The care with which Mr.Uthaiah helped us during the visit was amazing.

It is located amidst green surrounding and has spacious rooms. You will be able to see the splendid view of the kaveri hills from the dining area.

Though Mrs. Uthaiah was not well, they managed to give us delicious food. My daughter was bowled over by the variety of flowers and plants in the home.

Having a thorough knowledge on the territory, Mr.Uthaiah was able to guide us excellently on the various tourist attractions, eateries and route map.

It was really a memorable family outing

Room Tip: Choose room no 4 to have a beautiful view of the kaveri hills.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vairamuthu k
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hospitality is the first thing that strikes me whenever i think of Sithara. Mr. & Mrs. K S Uthaiah needs a special mention for their awesome facility, food & hospitality. Sithara is an awesome place to stay with your loved ones with well planned spacious rooms,Green surroundings,large sit-out with a beautiful view of Sunrise & Sunset and Uthaiah ensures to take time and plans your travel within Coorg. The place is well located in the Virajpet,surrounded by Coffee plantations and Town is also nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Srinivasa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virajpet
Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway
V Resorts Yedamakky Plantations
Coorg Evergreen County
Coorg Evergreen County
#1 of 15 in Virajpet

Been to Sithara Homestay? Share your experiences!