“Awesome place to stay in Coorg”

Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Virajpet
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had visited this resort last week, it was just awesome, the place looks so cool to enjoy your self and mostly the golf ground view that is the one of the best site seen i had ever.
The courtesy of all the staff is very good and even they are very flexible too. Food,people, management all are so much well setup that you feel you are in heaven.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Mr.Beldar,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to write this review on Tripadvisor community.We always try to offer the best hospitality to all our guests and i`m glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We value your patronage and would be awaiting to welcome you very soon to our beautiful resort.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here with my wife for 3D/2N. The overall experience was good. For some reason, I did not have any meals included in my package which meant that i had to pay separately. I found the food pricey for the quality/quantity. Also the place would be real fun for families/friends/groups but if you plan to stick to your room or resort, there is hardly anything to do in the resort. There is no Wifi in the rooms and hardly any decent channels on the TV.. I think these aspects need to be made up for.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vivek_gopalpuria
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Mr.Gopalpuria,

I thank you for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor community.We will ceratinly look at addressing these points which you have mentioned.I`m glad that your overall experience was good.We can assure you of more satisfying and memorable experience during your next visit.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Me and my family stayed here on May 16 to May 18, 2014. And our experience is just "AWESOME". Very greenery and lovely place to have some good time with family.
Once we reached to the resort, the staff had given us a warm welcome. The room is so comfortable and feel like you are in home.
The food is little bit costly but its awesome in test. Lovely to have visit again to this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank amit_chouhan2005
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Mr.Chouhan,

I thank you for writting such a wonderful review and my team join me to welcome you back to our lovely resort very soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I booked this hotel through Make my trip for this last weekend. The property is quite beautiful, overlooking the golf course and the rooms comfortable. The food was good and the staff courteous, till we discovered that we had been cheated. Our room was paid for through the MMT booking so we had outstanding bills only for the food. We were going to leave at 5.30am Monday morning, so I asked the staff the night before at dinner to give us our bill so I could clear it. The food bill was Rs.2600 odd. I gave one guy Rs.2800 towards the bill and 300 for tips. The next morning we were told that our bill has not been cleared. The guy at the reception did not want to listen to me and made a number of phone calls, by which time we just left. I then got an email asking me to clear the bill. This has been a most unpleasant experience and we were clearly cheated blind by the staff. It is unfortunate that the management did not think to check before accusing us.

This incident aside, this place is too pricy for the services it offers. When you have so many other options, I will definitely not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TravellingFlipflops
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience faced during your last visit to our resort.I thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.I’m extremely sorry about the situation what you have gone through and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with more satisfying and engaging experience.

Warm Regards

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stay here on 23 may.before i come there i was in tence but when i come here there was a very good welcome and supporting staff come with me over all a very good location near golf links and all staff are with smling faces good service good food.room are very specious.
Value for money .
I will come again.
Resturent rates should be resonable.

• Stayed: May 2014
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are thankful to you for taking time to write the review about our resort.I'm pleased to learn that you had a lovely stay with us.We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort very soon and assure you to give you the best hospitality.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I visited with my family to Ambatty Greens on 24th May. I had an excellent experience.

The resort is beautifully maintained, and is at a lovely location. Its nestled among green forests, and has a lovely view of the Golf Course. The rooms are spacious, well maintained and has excellent view.

The staff is to be specifically mentioned, as they are extremely courteous and helpful. A special mention to the Captain of the restaurant and his team and Sheeba, who mans the reception.

The food is on a costlier side, especially the Buffet, but overall had a lovely experience.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first level have beautiful view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Amritara, General Manager at Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Ms.Shilpa,

Namaskara,

We are thrilled to learn that you had a lovely stay at Ambatty Greens Coorg.The team join me to welcoming you to our lovely resort in near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The resort overlooks the Coorg Golf Links and is located in the not so explored South Coorg. After my stay here, I thought it was a great choice for a Corporate offsite with the golf course in the backyard!
We arrived at the resort in the evening, but the resort looked spectacular with beautiful outdoor lighting. The large lobby, high wooden ceilings and the fireplace greet you with a certain Colonial-Coorg touch.
The rooms are located a little away from the resort’s main building where the lobby and restaurant are located. The resort is spread across, so not all rooms may be suitable for people with mobility problems or for the aged. Also the restaurant is located on the 1st floor which means you will have to negotiate a few steps before you tuck into your meal. Our room was extremely comfortable and featured a large spacious bathroom and private terraces overlooking the golf course.
One of the highlights of the resort is its infinity swimming pool with views of the golf links. Although we were tempted, it was a little chilly for a dip in the pool.
The restaurant dishes some amazing food from all over India. My wife and I were quite surprised to see the versatility of the menu. The only downside was that service was a little slow at times.

Room Tip: The resort is spread across, so not all rooms may be suitable for people with mobility problems or f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheTravElite

Namaskara,

I`m delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.We appreciate that our services exceeded your expectation.The team look forward to welcoming you shortly.

Kumar Chandrabhushan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Virajpet
Heritage Resort Coorg
#2 of 2 in Suntikoppa
Evolve Back, Coorg
Evolve Back, Coorg
#1 of 1 in Siddapura

Been to Ambatty Greens Resort - An Amritara Private Hideaway? Share your experiences!