“Tubing only review” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panama Outdoor Adventures

Panama Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Portobelo
More attraction details
Owner description: Panama Outdoor Adventures is an eco-adventure site located in the jungles of Panama on the Caribbean coast, only 1 hour drive from Panama City. Activities include CANOPY ZIP-LINE ADVENTURE, RIVER TUBING, HORSEBACK RIDING, NATURE TRAILS, BIRD WATCHING, and JUNGLE CAMPING. Meals may also be provided with adequate notice. Many adventurers enjoy their day in the area by going to the historical town of Portobelo after their jungle experience. Please reserve via website form.
Philly
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Tubing only review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The road to get here is ridiculous. Be driven or drive a 4X4 only!!! It is an adventure up and down those hills, and not for the faint-hearted. We were the only people there except the two young men who ran the tours. We only did the tubing tour which was $20ea? The zipline was $45ea or so, but we've done that elsewhere before and are over it. When it's rainy, I would be wary of riding a horse - everything is so slippery. The rain stopped right when we go there so the river was a little fast - there were two or three "rapids" that were fun, one on which I actually flipped (my fault being cocky - don't push off roots). Otherwise it's pretty slow and relaxing with the requisite stop for a rope swing into the river (or ten). At the end we had to walk back to the base, which I thought was odd, but not really very long. Saw a toucan from far away, but not much else.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank bjc2150

Akureyri, Iceland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Difficult to get there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my friend had scheduled a horse back riding tour and river tubing. We took a taxi to the site, but the driver was very reluctant to drive up the road leading to Outdoor Adventure's site because of bad road conditions. At the end of the road we came to a very very steep hill which was paved, but it was covered in moss and the taxi driver wouldn't take us up because he said it was too slippery. So we had to walk up, which was a bit hard especially since we had our backpacks. And he was right, it was slippery, I fell two times going down the hill on the other side.
The horeseback riding tour was very good, and our guide was nice but spoke very limited English. The horses knew the trail and it was a great way to see the jungle. We rode through the trees, over the river and through a small field.
Then we went river tubing, which was okay. The guide that took us to the river spoke no English. It's cozy to float down the river, but it's not an adrenaline thing, you go very slowly. Is probably nice in sunny weather to just float around. We got some lunch afterwards which was very good. The guides called us a cab, but as we were getting ready to leave it started pouring down rain. We tried to wait it out, but eventually had to walk up and down the steep hill in the very hard rain to get to the taxi, which couldn't drive up the hill in the rain and as it turned out, couldn't get all the way to the end of the road because the heavy rain had caused a stream to overflow and run over the road. So we had to wade up to our knees to finally get to the taxi! Our guide was so nice, he walked with us the whole way, which we really appreciated.

It was a real adventure, but I think it's a big downside how hard it is to get there. I wouldn't go through it again. The place has a lot of potential, but I think it needs a bit more experience maybe, train the guides better, more hospitality and definately should offer some transfer to and from the site. But it could become really great.

I wouldn't recommend this to people in bad condition or who are not ready to walk up a very steep hill.

Visited August 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ziplining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I visited in early May 2013. The concierge at our hotel helped us make the arrangements. We were picked up at our hotel and driven to the site. The ziplining was exciting and the guides had a lot of patience. We had a great native lunch, nature walk and then went tubing on the river. Our host was accomodating and friendly. It was a great overall experience!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cynthia N
Managua, Nicaragua
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We really liked this place! One of the main things that made the difference here in Panama was the friendliness of the staff -they were always willing to help.
We took the zip line adventure and my two daughters love it! (first time for them). They explained all the security procedures and followed them all during the whole trip.
I definitely recommend this place.

Looking forward next time for horseback riding!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank where_is_Pablo00-_
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'm always in panama because my parents are a native but this time around I invited my friend to come along with me. She wanted to go zip lining and a family friend recommended that we went here. Initially I was scared relentlessly and was having second thoughts. But once I met Jorge and Miguel ( our tour guides) I felt extremely confident to face my fears! My friend and I had an amazing experience jorge and Miguel were friendly And extremely patient with us. The experience was amazing!!!! I would definitely recommend it to Panamanians as well as tourists visiting this amazing country.

Visited April 2013