“Fantastic find - beats chain hotels hands down”
Review of Bull's Head Hotel

Bull's Head Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chislehurst
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have recently been working in the Beckenham area and found myself having to stay at very poor (and expensive) hotels in the middle of Croydon. After some research I found the Bull's Head, cancelled my other hotel and booked to stay for one night.

I wasn't disappointed. The room was like a boutique hotel, the beer garden was fantastic (and full) and the food was first rate - particularly my venison sausages with mash and onion gravy.

I will certainly be booking in here again - I think I've found my bolt hole!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeHughes68

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The stylish room was a pleasant surprise. It was clean and comfortable and the secondary double glazing diminished most of the noise from the road. Pub was busy and welcoming. Breakfast good and staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here as we were attending a bbq at a friend's nearby. It is a lovely old building with a really nice feel to it. Reception staff were very good and the room itself was a good size with decent amenities - up-to-date tv, air-conditioning, tea making facilities, iron etc. The bathroom and shower was also excellent. Breakfast was generous and tasty. Would highly recommend for a night's stay - a little pricey but worth it.

Room Tip: We had room 11 - sizeable and very well furnished.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I decided to give this hotel another try. I'm glad I did as my experience was a complete contrast to my last visit! I arrived and was processed through reception quickly and efficiently. Whilst I didn't eat in the hotel both bars looked busy with a number of people eating. Breakfast was cooked to order and was fresh. The waitress was friendly and made you welcome. I chose to park on the road so that I could make a quick getaway in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back it's quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Absolutely fantastic. The venue, Jayne's (function manager) cheerful disposition at all times plus staff who took over from her in evening. Thank you for your care throughout evening right up till the end. Buffet Food was excellent, congrats to chef. Jayne and her team decorated ballroom just as we wanted and our bunting looked fantastic! ( even kept up for following day's jazz event).The venue absolutely surpassed our expectations and we have no hesitation in recommending The Bull's Head. A number of our family stayed and all were delighted with the rooms. Bridal suite has the wow factor.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here one night to attend a local party on the 26th April 2014. Absolutely fantastic. Lovely staff. Very comfortable beds which is important to us as I hate sleeping on anything akin to a boulder! The room was clean and very modern which we loved. Wifi free and there is even air conditioning on the first floor which we didn't need owing to the time of year. The food is damned good. Try it - you won't be disappointed. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so welcoming and that includes the cleaners and the catering staff. Fiona & David xx

Room Tip: Just relax and let the staff take care of it all. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FMPA1
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with work.
Tried many other establishments in the surrounding area and this is highly rated.

Good room with walk in shower - very clean with all the mod cons needed including strong free Wi-Fi.

Breakfast excellent. Didn't try the evening food as some good restaurants in walking distance.
Two good bars in the hotel - even have Sky which is good for the football. Beer a little pricey though at £4.50 a pint but guess that's London prices..........

Will be back........

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank srp973_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chislehurst
Crown Inn
The Bromley Court Hotel
Premier Inn London Orpington
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Travelodge London Bromley

Been to Bull's Head Hotel? Share your experiences!