“Lovely hotel & pub”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chislehurst
North Yorkshire
“Lovely hotel & pub”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night this week and were really impressed with the hotel. The rooms are nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Facilities were great, including a fab shower. Friendly staff and a great breakfast. Excellent value for money. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JLE1002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I don't know who stays in Chislehurst but if you do stay here! Stayed here for one night when I went to a wedding, booked late service excellent. Checked in late service excellent. Rooms very comfortable but I was slightly inebriated, and no water in the room as I recall.

However the breakfast was super I ordered salmon and scrambled eggs on muffin or toast, sorry memory fails me. But it was fantastic the salmon was so tasty, herbs and lemon lovely flavouring. The eggs great, I have stayed in a few 5 stars and this one matched. Definitely definitely recommend this place

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Aspiringmystrycust
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I checked online to see which hotel would most likely suit my needs. The Bull seemed to fit my criteria perfectly. The room was well laid out with an ample bathroom. Everything seemed to going fine until I started to get ready for bed. It was then I found blood on the top corner of the duvet. As it was after one in the morning I couldn't find anyone to sort it out for me. I decided to sleep the other side of the bed and you guessed it another blood stain. Whilst it wasn't great quantities it was still there and was most offputting. When I had my shower in the morning there was again blood on the shower curtain, again not a lot but still enough to put me off. Breakfast was ample with a good choice for me. Unfortunately the card machine was also broken so I had to pay later as well!

Room Tip: Check everything when you arrive! Also it can be busy in the morning when you leave so plan where to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Martin J
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I lived in Chislehurst a thousand years ago and mis-spent many nights of a now faded youthdom in "The Bull", it was great to return after so many years and find the place still doing well what it always did, food, wine and a welcome. Accommodation prices are very fair for such a good location (not too far from Chislehurst Station where you are whizzed into the city), breakfast is great with well cooked proper ingredients served from 7.00 for those of us who have to work, I needed a twin room and got number 2, if you get the chance sleep in the bed away from the window, the other is a bit chilly! Toiletries and stuff are nice and for what it is, a great pub with rooms, it raises the bar!

Room Tip: Avoid the window bed in winter in room two unless you are Ranulph Fiennes
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jondi1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've just returned from a night in the Bull's Head. We stayed in room 3 and bedroom was spacious. The bed was a bit soft but the power shower was excellent. We enjoyed a really nice meal in the Dining Room which was busy. The staff were friendly, and efficient too. We didn't make it into the pub or lounge section but both looked lively.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I spent a bit of time at the Bull's Head when I was younger but this was my first time using it as a hotel. The pub itself is still as picturesque as ever and the hotel element was excellent. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The room and general facilities were great. Would recommend it to anyone planning a trip to London.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

A warm and friendly greeting on arrival, a swift check-in, all set
the seal for our overnight stay. The bar/lounge area was buzzing with lively conversation from guests and locals giving a great atmosphere. A warm cozy open fire - so reminiscent of country village pubs which are far and few between in our part of the north - a real joy.

Wonderfully presented tasty food in the restaurant especially the cheese board - wow really enjoyed this with our choice of a lovely red wine. After a very comfortable night an excellent breakfast completed our very short stay. All the staff we met were friendly and very helpful.

A great country hotel which we cannot wait to revisit when next in the area. Thanks to all for making an impression!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chislehurst
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
#4 of 6 in Bromley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bexleyheath

Been to Bull's Head Hotel? Share your experiences!