“Great food, brilliant service, excellent value!”
Review of Gurkha Square

Gurkha Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Gurkha Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Chislehurst
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'd not tried Gurkha Square before, despite being a local, until I got a leaflet through the post then decided to pop in for a bite with a friend.

It wasn't too busy, which after trying the food, I couldn't understand!
The waiter recommended a few dishes, and we went with his decision. The food was wonderful. The meat actually tasted like quality food, and not a rubbery substitute (like many other curry houses!). All the courses seemed to be fresh and tasty, and very good value for quantity. I'd say quality AND quantity apply.

The service was friendly, extremely attentive and considerate.

I will definitely be back.

8  Thank George_S_Chislehurst

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I live down the road so have been to the Gurkha many times, and always had a good meal. The service is very friendly without being over-the-top; the staff are very helpful with recommendations for dishes; but the best thing is the food - really nice and quite a wide selection of specials so you don't get bored with standards like dhansak, jalfrezi etc.

It's by a long distance the best curry house I've tried in quite a wide area.

8  Thank djtherapy
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Indian/Nepalese restaurant has very good quality food at reasonable prices. Never too busy but it's best to book if you want to go after 8pm on a Fri/Sat night. A locals treat, with a friendly old style proper pub opposite for a pre-curry tipple.

6  Thank Davethetraveller47
Reviewed May 31, 2012

As I write this I am in bed with terrible food poisoning having visited the Gurkha Square. I live locally and was keen to try this new restaurant and so ate last night with my girlfriend.
We ordered poppadums to start and had to send the mint yoghurt dip back as it was very salty. We received an apology and were told that a new pot would be made. A second pot came just as salty as the first and we could not eat it.
For the main I ordered a Sherpa Chicken, it sounded lovely so I was really looking forward to it but was disappointed with the massively overwhelming flavour of cardamon killing all other flavours and again the saltiness of the dish.
My girlfriend, luckily for her, decided to order a vegetarian dish, despite not being vegetarian. Her dish was salty and she could not eat it all but at least she didn't end up with food poisoning.

At 2am I was awoke with excruciating stomach pains followed shortly after by the inevitable. I attempted to go to work the next morning and thankfully working reasonably nearby made it without any accidents, however was sent home ten minutes later by my boss.
I ave since been laid out on my sofa and am still, nearly 24hrs later still suffering flu like muscular aches over my entire body, Imodium has yet to take effect but thankfully the vomiting has ceased.

I have reviewed what I had eaten over the last few days and there is nothing could have remotely caused symptoms such as these, indeed I made sure I was adamant before deciding to post this.

3  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have become frequent visitors. The new owners have introduced a range of (as far as I can tell) genuine Nepalese dishes, and offer service that is a joy - friendly, but retaining some formality.

We have visited with friends, and the restaurant never disappoints.

6  Thank JFC52