“Great Sunday roast and nice pub atmosphere”
Review of The Bull's Head

The Bull's Head
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Chislehurst
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just like the coaching inn of old, we provide a relaxed home-from-home for the locals and visitors alike. Think of The Bulls Head like a modern hotel, without the attitude – at heart we’re a friendly local pub, boasting fantastic cask ales and the best in British food. Upstairs are 15 stylish bedrooms. Above all, we offer friendly, personal and unpretentious service, whether you’re just in for a quiet pint, planning an intimate dinner, a stop-over for a business trip or staying for a leisurely weekend. We look forward to welcoming you at the Bulls Head soon!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been to The Bull a couple of times recently; both on a Sunday. The first time we stopped after a walk for a few ales, and the beer (Young's Special) was well kept and the choice of wines by the glass equally good. The next time we came back for Sunday lunch and weren't disappointed; the beef was excellent and the roast potatoes, yorkshires and vegetables also very good.

The pub is very well laid out, with a snug bar (no children), main bar (children allowed but all seemed very well behaved to me), and a restaurant area for a more formal meal if you fancy it. They also allow dogs, which is a sign of a good pub if you ask me.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank djtherapy

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I went to a wedding in Chistlehurst in August and before the wedding, getting ready at the Bulls Head I suddenly realised that I'd forgotten a tie!! Being a traditional English wedding I knew I needed to find one. When asking the management of the Bulls Head if they knew where I could buy I tie (I only had 30min before the wedding started), the manager said "don't worry about it, I think I can help you out". He then went upstairs to get me one of his own ties for me to use. All the staff found the whole situation quite amusing and we all had a bit of a laugh. You don't find generosity like that very often so I thought I owed them a review. Mark, if you read this, thanks again for saving me at the wedding!! Regards, JP

1  Thank Jean-Pierre D
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pleasant surrounding and staff. Had a good evening. Great Atmosphere. Set in nice area. Good choice of drinks available

2  Thank TinaatBromley
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We come here if we want to go out with our dog. We can sit and eat in the bar with her, however you can not reserve in the bar so if you want to eat inside you need to arrive early. Food is fine, nothing great but they do a good Sunday roast.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were part of a large (20+) party for a birthday lunch, the venue handled the booking effectively and provided a very decent menu to pre-order from. On the day they provided place settings with peoples selections (to help those a bit fuzzy on what they had ordered) and were very helpful.

The food was very good and was brought out promptly for everyone, after we had finished we were not rushed out which contributed to everyone having a great time.

1  Thank Vince20