“Lights in the hallway to the Toilets.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Rouge - Chislehurst - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge - Chislehurst
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated on Chislehurst High Street in the old post office, this cosy local bistro offers a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone. We have the perfect setting in which to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite.
London, United Kingdom
“Lights in the hallway to the Toilets.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We been here twice. It's time, the service was great. This time we had an inattentive waitress who forgot to bring things even after she suggested. The bacon this time was not the same quality. There was light in the hallway to the toilets.
Overall, worth the visit.

• Visited September 2013

Bexley, United Kingdom
“Nice affordable French style food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I like the Cafe Rouge chain and the one in Chislehurst which is a nicely decorated restaurant in Chislehurst.

I like the steaks and Chicken with garlic butter. They all do a really good kids meal. My daughter really likes the Chicken Goujans.

Also before you go, make sure you look for the discount vouchers they offer. If you sign up on their website to receive notifications of events and offers. This includes a free bottle of champers on your Birthday when buying a meal. Also 20-25% off the food or cheaper deals based upon buying a second meal. They are really worth having and makes the meal more affordable.

I like to go here for a family informal relaxing meal in a good environment with great service. Give it a try.

Visited August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Much better than the average Cafe Rouge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went as part of a party of five on business. Cafe Rouges do seem to vary a lot, they don't seem to be as homogenous as some other chains, and this is definitely one of the better ones. The atmosphere was good, the service was fast, efficient and friendly and the food and drink were absolutely fine.

A special mention for our waitress (the one with the tattoos) who charmed all of us and made the evening - I think she made the difference.

• Visited September 2013
London
“We did try!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have given up on this branch of Café Rouge, the food is enjoyable but there seems to be a constant change over of staff, not all satisfactory.

We decided to give the restaurant another go, so to speak, after I went in there last year by myself. I was seated down, served a drink and asked for my order and I waited, and waited and waited.....they had forgotten to tell the kitchen! They offered a free glass of wine but as I was driving not really suitable.

Earlier this year we went back and we had with us a discount voucher. My husband showed the waiter and his reply was, 'Well, what do you want me to do with it?' I then said politely, we are only asking if you take this voucher. There and then we decided never to return.

• Visited April 2013
Rochester, United Kingdom
“A GOOD RESTAURANT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

If in the Bromley area etc,go to see the Chislehurst Caves, and then go to this restaurant for a meal. Reasonable pricing, good food and drinks good service, good parking just up the road.
if you are in this area,and want to eat which is not going to cost you a fortune then this is the place.
Paul and Joan Bennett