“Great Night, with superb food”
Review of Tamasha

Tamasha
Ranked #75 of 267 Restaurants in Bromley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Light and airy Tamasha is a corner of Bromley that will be forever India. Ceiling fans swish over the restaurant's rattan chairs and photographic records of the days of the Raj, while the cuisine displays a similar dedication to the regional tastes of the subcontinent. There is live music during the week, with entertainment for the kids on Sundays. The bar is a haven for fans of cricket, with memorabilia that includes Sir Vivian Richards' signed bat.
London, United Kingdom
“Great Night, with superb food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a meal at Tamasha last Saturday, this was our second visit and was even better than the first, which we didnt think was possible. The staff our always attentive and the food is delicious and always served promptly. You must try the Tamasha Coffee after your meal, it is a show in itself and the taste is incredible We will definitely be going back......

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Be careful when ordering wine!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall we found the food and service here excellent, especially the lamb chops starter and the sea bass fish curry. Wonderful.
But be careful when ordering wine! I quite clearly (I'm sure) asked for a certain bottle of rioja at £21.
Stupidly I didn't think to double check the name of the wine when it came but when the bill came, imagine my surprise when the bottle had changed to another rioja with a similar name at £35!
Of course I pointed this out, and as we had drunk the wine, I couldn't not pay for it, but I left feeling like we'd been tricked. Isn't it funny how it's never a cheaper bottle they bring out by mistake?
A sad end to a nice evening.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Maxev
“Gastronomical”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The doorman, in traditional dress, welcomes you into an ambiently lit, colonial style wood panelled dining room with fans on the ceiling. The Bar is cosy and the Gin and Tonics are excellent (Tanqueray I think), then into the Dining room for a gastronomic delight. Everything on the menu looks enticing and intriguing, and doesn't disappoint. The 'green chicken' is a 'must'. An ideal restaurant for special occasions. The toilets are 'eye-opening' to say the least! The restaurant was packed, every table taken, some people were dressed up and some were dressed-down. Definitely now my favourite restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Very nice good service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Have eaten here several times. Food is great and the service is always very good with plenty of staff. King Prawns are huge and very tasty. I love indian food and this place is one of my favorites. Would eat here more often but its pricey. Suppose you pay for what you get.

• Visited March 2013
“Eat my shorts!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

4 of us went to Tamasha on a Sunday to celebrate a friends birthday, but were made to feel extremely uncomfortable from the start. The waiter greeted us with a total look of disdain because I was wearing a smart pair of linen shorts with a shirt and jacket, and said they did not allow shorts to be worn on the premises. However on this occasion he would allow us to sit in the corner of the restaurant!

Needless to say we walked out. If they wish to grow custom they would do well to wake up to the 21st century and stop living in the days of the Raj by realising they are a pokey, dark Indian restaurant on the edge of a London satellite town.

In the words of Bart Simpson,'' Tamasha eat my shorts''

• Visited April 2013