“wedding”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Bromley
london
“wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

we have our daughter wedding in this lovely hotel,the ground was very well kept ,the staff was very good from the start to the finish,the wedding dinner was very good,we stay overnight after the wedding,and was allocated to a room with a four poster bed over looking the ground where we have the wedding pictures taken,the only thing that the breakfast room is small,but have a choice of breakfast,the cook breakfast was very good,and hot unlike some hotel ,but you might have to wait a bit for them to replenish the food.the bar price is a little prices ,but still we had a lovely day,thank you for all the staff to make the wedding day for my daughter so lovely.

Room Tip: it a long way across the golf course ,so just follow the road till the end ,you will be in the big c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review after your daughter's wedding. We are so pleased that you found everything to be just as you wished. It was our pleasure to have you and your family here on such an important day and we wish the bride and groom every happiness.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed her on the 7/3/14 , when we arrived to check in we were welcomed by the receptionist and given our key to our room , we were shown were the bar was and breakfast room , as we were going out straight away we asked if the bar would be open when we returned about 9pm , we were told yes but when we arrived back it was not open so we asked at reception and the young lad told us his manager had shut as it was not busy I thought this was not good enough , but anyway what could we do . We went up to our room which was excellent very large had a double bed and single bed and a put up bed too also a travel cot !! Huge bathroom could not complain about the room at all . The hotel itself is amazing it is a grade 1 listed building suberb grounds and holds alot of weddings and functions , breakfast very good which is good , when talking to the msnager in the morning we found out we were the only 2 people staying this night which is why I think they shut the bar but regardless of how many guests you have , you should have all facilities available , overall I would definitely stay here again I thought good value at £65 including breakfast .

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovelylucie
We were pleased to hear that you found your room to be excellent and that you enjoyed the building and grounds.

We were very sorry to hear that on this occasion we let you down with access to the bar when you were our only guests that night. We have since put staff training into practice to make sure this doesn't happen again.

We hope to welcome you back to Sundridge Park Manor again when you are in the area.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I find this hotel very nice they have some lovely staff here was very happy with my night and had a really long day so I couldn't wait for my full English in the morning. I come down about 7.45 couldn't see anyone so I waited and the. A young man named nick come in. He look like he just woke up and didn't look ready too work the coffee he gave to me could of killed a cow was very strong. I wanted more coffee but nick was no we're to be seen I found him behind the doors on his phone. At this point I haven't even had my food order. So 8.10 now nick was trying to look very busy after a while he took my order. The food was one of the best breakfast I have ever had and i would only come back for that and as long as I don't have a waiter such as nick. But apart from that a really good stay.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank PaulSmith1974
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your review, I was glad to hear that you found most of our staff to be lovely and that you were very happy with your night here.

But of course, I was most disappointed to hear that the service you received at breakfast was far below what you could have expected. I have let the operations manager know of your comments and the training issue.

I am pleased that the breakfast was one of the best you ever had, but sorry that we let you down on service on this occasion.
Garden of ENGLAND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Visit was for a nieces wedding, on arrival the Manor is stunning and the entrance hall greeted us with festive Xmas decor however like all large mansion house converts some areas somewhat tired. Checking in easy and swift, unfortunately the key given was a room already taken complete with guests belongings! However a visit to the reception desk swiftly resolved with another key. Room adequate for price and train station noted close to entrance driveway for anyone wanting reasonably priced room with breakfast on the outskirts of London. Food standard was way above standard for the wedding breakfast all served promptly and hot. Bar rather disappointing very few choices of soft drink, cocktails limited and very pricey at £9 for a slightly larger whisky glass size. Beers for a hotel average. Room adequate with tea/ coffee facilities, ironing board and iron also flat screen tv, our room was at the rear left died view rather dire overlooking outbuildings, we had occasion to pull the bed away from the wall and would suggest a good vacuum once in a while as there was a good layer of dust and a crisp packet under there. Bathroom cream with plenty of hot water and clean towels. I understand it is now under relatively new management and after conversing with manager I am sure things will improve greatly in time. Breakfast rather disorganised and held in a very small room, no tea bags other than Chamomile, peppermint etc but a word with the waiter rectified this however he only brought a few which soon ran out as the restaurant was busy the dozen or so slices of bread by the toaster also vanished replenishment was not automatic which would improve overall satisfaction, having to make drinks from hot water flasks rather than getting a tea pot and jug was rather primitive, having stayed in Welsh backwater hotels hot beverage and toast should be the minimum table service I would expect, on a plus side the full English was served hot and tasty. Cereals and a small platter of fruits along with apple and orange juice, continental pastries concluded the breakfast choice. Checking out just as swift with dyslexic clerk, who transversed room numbers and tried asking for almost £200 charged to another parties room thankfully we were on the ball and questioned the request when he realised his error. Should the need arise I would stay here again not least to look at the ornate details of such a house, I also extend my good wishes to the new management who I believe will improve this hotel it had the possibility of being so much more.

Room Tip: Rear rooms have poor outlook, ask for a room overlooking surrounding parkland.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shalamyna
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to review your stay as a wedding guest at Sundridge Park Manor.

I was delighted that you found the food standard to be of very high quality and that you found the venue stunning and your room to be reasonably priced for the location.

I was however, very disappointed to hear that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations. This is a key area that has now been improved and we are very sorry that on this occasion we disappointed you with our offering.

Thank you for your good wishes to the management, I will make sure they are passed on.
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

A Beautiful building, but its in need of a bit of 'tender loving care', especially the bedroom I was in. Double room, small but cosy, lovely and warm. Toiletries nice, not a lot of hot water, but enough for a bath. Quite a bit of noise from the pipes, but it is an old listed building, all part of its charm and character.Bed very comfy. No noise from any traffic, really secluded, attached to a golf course. The grounds are beautiful in December especially with a heavy ground frost so they must be breath taking in the summer. A very nice welcome with an offer of help with my luggage, a swift check in.There are lots and lots of stairs, having said that the main staircase is spectacular, especially decked with xmas trimmings.Plenty of parking, access via a narrow lane. Did not sample any food by choice so cannot comment.
A pleasant stay. Thank you

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are so grateful for you for taking the time to review Sundridge Park Manor. I am so pleased that you found your room to be cosy and comfortable, and appreciated the lovely setting. You are right, Sundridge Park is indeed very beautiful in both winter and summer within its setting on the golf course.

It was very pleasing to see that your welcome was found to be warm, and that you were offered help with your luggage. I will make sure that your compliments are passed on to the staff concerned.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to Sundridge Park Manor again soon.
Pateley Bridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The location is splendid for a central hotel. You can see the stars at night. The building is tired and needs work to bring it up to standard on room locks. Bathrooms and carpets. Several of our party of 20+ complained about the beds although ours was ok and replacement is in progress. The staff make this venue. After some confusion over wether they had available rooms and restaurant capacity or not we were very well looked after. The restaurant was opened up for us and an unexpected lunch produced at short notice. I would not employ the breakfast cook but otherwise food was good and prices reasonable. All well organised and presented. I wish them success and hope the owners get the building up to scratch to match.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terry K
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to review your stay with us. We were very pleased to hear that you felt the staff made the difference to your stay. I will make sure that your praise is passed on via the General Manager.

I was naturally disappointed to hear that some of your party found the beds not to be comfortable. As you mention, we are in the process of replacing one or two that needed attention, and I do hope that if your group return, you will find everything to your liking.

Thank you once again for your review.
Hereford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bit of a surprise finding this huge art deco style hotel surrounded by trees, park and golf course so close to Bromley town centre. Friendly staff who seemed slightly disorganised. General impression of having stumbled midweek into what is primarily a weekend wedding venue being run by pleasant but slightly dippy teenagers. The coffee at breakfast could have slain a horse it was so strong and our afternoon tea (bought in mugs) was undrinkable. Rooms were OK but not really of the standard you would expect from this style of hotel. Fire alarm went off at 6am two mornings running and housekeeping were cleaning the room (noisily) next to ours at 7am. On check-out day housekeeping woke us at 8am knocking on the door to check if we had left yet. The hotel needs a good make over and better lighting to cheer it up - it's rather depressing. What could be a nice garden area is basically a car park with a square of grass in the middle. Acres of gravel front, back and sides for cars although only a handful of guests staying (obviously designed for the wedding parties). Saturday morning bar, lounge and restaurant all locked awaiting wedding party so guests confined to breakfast room. Not impressed by having to lodge a security deposit for full amount (reserve on credit card) and then asked to pay again when checking out. Overall not a place I would wish to visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmbaHall
Rachel F, Public Relations Manager at Sundridge Park Manor, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay. Guest feedback is very valuable in improving our guests experiences.

On this occasion however, it seem that we have fallen short of your expectations, and for that we apologise most sincerely. All the staff in the areas concerned have been spoken too, and procedures have been put in place to ensure these areas are improved.

I believe you have already spoken with the General Manager, Maggie Moroney, but if you would like to talk further about your stay, do not hesitate to contact her on 0208 313 3232.

Travelers are raving about these Bromley hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromley
The Bromley Court Hotel
#1 of 2 in Chislehurst
Crown Inn
Crown Inn
#2 of 2 in Chislehurst

Been to Sundridge Park Manor? Share your experiences!