“The Best Turkish Restaurant in London!!”
Review of Havet Restaurant

Havet Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 263 Restaurants in Bromley
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern 170 seat brand new dinning experience, fresh fresh food prepared and cooked on site in plain view in our open kitchens. Comfortable relaxing environment alowing all comers for lunch and dinner at amazing low price.
london
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Turkish Restaurant in London!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited Havet restaurant last week with a group of my friends, a couple of whom are turkish and Very critical, and I can honestly say it was the best meal and experience we have had in a Long time!
We found the menu exciting and original, there was something for everyone.
The food was AMAZING and the staff were very friendly, helpful and informative.
After visiting the turkish restaurant Uskudur in Petts wood last month there is clearly no contest between the two. Havet far exceeds any food or service you will experience at Uskudar which we found to be just style and no substance.
We would recommend this Great restaurant to anyone who enjoys class and quality, and we can not wait to visit again!

1 Thank Louise P

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you want to enjoy the taste of the Mediterranean, ‘Havet Restaurant’ is the one for you. With its excellent menu and very tasty food you will not be disappointed. Coupled with a great atmosphere and meticulously clean restaurant this is truly a must in Bromely.
I first visited the restaurant back in January and have been back many times since. It is great value for money and all together a fantastic night out!!

• Visited March 2013
“Enjoyable night, good restaurant.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday was the second visit to this restaurant, the first experience being amazing which is why we returned. Last night was a very enjoyable evening very busy which was surprising for mid week only one fault which was that the chicken wings had run out and they were replaced with a lamb chop automatically without asking.. Lamb don't like me so I tend to not eat it so I was a little disappointed about that but the staff are polite and apologised. Overall fab night.

LondonHassan, Manager at Havet Restaurant, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hi and hello, firstly thankyou for your review. I read his and was not happy with staff,and that they may have possibly changed a customers order. After investigating and questioning all members of staff involved, I have a better picture. What hapened was at the point of dishing up your meal the chef dropped one of the wings from your portion of four wings, so as to get the meal to you at the same time as your guest and due to the fact that after a very busy service we had no wings left, the head chef made a judgment call to substitute the sole missing wing with two best end chops(the most expensive item on our meat list), but still if this was not to your satisfaction I do apologise and asure you that changing orders without customers consent is un- acceptable. please do not hesitate to to contact me and we can discuss this further
Bucharest, Romania
“Grilltastic; bustling; new - a potential Bromley institution?”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I ate at Havet with friends one weekend - the place was pretty full, so full marks for getting the word out, given it's only recently opened.

Overall, I thought Havet was good - great grills, a decent children's menu with some real food on it (e.g. grilled chilcken wings, not mass-produced nuggets and chips), good pide (Turkish pizza) and some pretty decent starters, (although I've had better hummus; but I'm a hummus snob).

I've also tried the take out on a couple of occasions. I recommend the chicken shish wrap. Good price, tasty, filling and given it's bread, grilled meat and salad, nutricious too.

As for downsides, I'd say there were two, neither of which are killers/would prevent me from returning:

- this is a new place, getting used to the volume of customers and not all the waiting staff know what's on their menu. Nor were they particularly attentive when we ate there. But that's understandable and should get better as the restaurant gains in experience.

- accoustics/atmospherics - it gets pretty hard to hear people across the table from you when the place is busy. I wouldn't go here for a first date.

Overall, not as good as Uskudar in Pett's Wood, but a really good addition to Bromley's restaurant scene. I hope it will Havet success; it could become a Bromley institution.

• Visited February 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, Amazing atmosphere. Great value. Great experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Mothering Sunday was my 4th visit to Havet. I love Turkish Food and I have never been dissapointed at Havet yet. If you want a quick in and out meal Havet is not for you! If you want to relax take your time and drink up the atmosphere then go! We had a table booked for 3.30pm on Sunday for 9. We turned up for a drink at the bar. Yes, the restaurant was busy and our table was ready earlier. They allowed us to have our starters, then choose our mains afterwards ( you can get full quickly, due to their yummy bread!) We understood that our main would take a bit longer, as we just ordered and all the meat is cooked to order over the charcoal. We relaxed chatted and drank more of their delicious red wine. We all loved the sharing platters and tried each others. Great Time

1 Thank Dawn1423