“Fabulous find”
Review of Aqua Bar and Gril

Aqua Bar and Gril
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Bar and Gril is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 263 Restaurants in Bromley
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Following the success of Aqua Meze Bar & Grill in buzzing South Croydon and Galu Mediterranean Bar & Grill of leafy Nork in Banstead, Surrey. Founder Chef Dasos Charalambous has returned his culinary expertise to his routes on Bromley’s East Street to present Aqua bar & Grill at the former Hollywood bowl site.Dasos has worked in some of London’s finest hotels but seized the chance to head Galu and open Aqua Meze bar & Grill. His two decades of expertise and Greek heritage will bring you a unique contemporary fusion of Greek, Italian and modern Mediterranean dishes.Our gorgeous, fully renovated premises offer a warm relaxed atmosphere where you’ll be able to have a west end dining experience at the convenience of our locality. Our attentive and welcoming team of staff will ensure your experience at Aqua will want to be repeated.
“Fabulous find”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

A friend and myself were looking for a restaurant to celebrate my birthday, when we stumbled upon Aqua. We looked at the menu from outside, and was informed by a very friendly man, who turned out to be one of the proprietors, that there was a set lunch menu available. He had taken the trouble to pop out to invite us in. Having never been here before, and impressed by the varied menu, we decided to find out if it was as good as it appeared.
The menu and set menu had such a vaired choice, we opted for the 2 course set menu for £15. I had supreme of chicken with tagliatelle and mushroom sauce, followed by Panacotta, both were delicious. The Malbec was devine, and the service excellent.
I will definitely be returning with my family and friends. What a fabulous birthday lunch experience, well done Aqua.

1 Thank Jaylang

London, United Kingdom
“Bromley needed this , lovely restaurant .”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was led to Aqua after searching for somewhere good to eat in Bromley, online , I have been disapointed everytime I've eatenout in Bromley , but then there is an abundance of awful chain eaterys and lame curry houses (sorry if I offend , but its true) .

Finally Bromley has a good restaurant!!!
So its 8pm on a Sunday night , a few people inside , very relaxed atomsphere , greeted at the door and made to feel welcome.

To start I had the Crispy duck salad which was good , sadly my partner did not enjoy his prawns , maybe because he ordered fish on a Monday ?! I Dont know , but still we had some bread and Olives to snack on ...
Monday is Steak night , I chose the Rib eye and my partner had the Sirloin , mmmmmmm. Very nice indeed , I eaten more Steaks in my life than Vegetarians have eaten Carrots , I know a good steak when I taste , both cooked to perfection Medium and Medium rare , charred and well seasoned , you know ehen the Steak is good when you dont give a toss about the sides .

The Hollandaise was well made as was the Bernaise ,

I as a standard ordered the chepest french red , which was easy drinking and went down a treat.Very Good quality wine, nothing worse than a lovely Steak and a crap wine to wash it down with.

Service was friendly and relaxed.

Cosy Neighboorhood restaurant . At last.

I only gave 4/5 as there is always room fpor improvement . Toliets were not that clean , and ladies need a mirror when they go to the toliet to check themselves out !! But thats it good value for money.

Two starters , two steaks , bottle of wine £56.00 .

London, United Kingdom
“The best in bromley, by far”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came to Aqua on a friday night with my wife, what can i say apart from the 1st class service from the staff and a lovely meal. i had the hot tiger prawns and my wife had the warm goats cheese which was exceptional. for the mains i had the souvlaki and my wife had the pork belly the meat was cooked to perfection. you must try the home made chunky chips :-) for dessert we had freshly made pana cotta with poached strawberries. the whole meal was 1st class i havent been to a restaurant in bromley that provides food and service like Aqua. i will defo be back to try the rest of the menu. thank you aqua for a wonderfull dining experience

• Visited January 2013
“Ahhhhhh.........”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I came here for my Mum's birthday. The starter was amazing, I had the calamari.

Mains was a bit of a let down, as the starter was soo good. Had steak, was nice. But the fries we had were just so salty.

The soft drinks are expensive, coke £3 and it's only half a pint. I asked for no ice, as you got loads. When it came to me, wasn't filled to the top!!!! As the ice would take that amount of space up in the glass. I would come here again though.

“Excellent”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the moment we walked in to this restaurant, the service was very good. All the waiters went out of their way to welcome us, and were exceptionally polite and friendly.

We ordered main courses only, the beef medallions with buttered spinach and a smoked chicken tagliatelle. When the food arrived what seemed like only minutes later I was worried that it was pre-prepared, but I was wrong. The beef was cooked perfectly to my order and melted in my mouth, and the spinach was so good that I want to try to make it like that. The pasta will have cooked so quickly because it was obviously freshly made, and the smoked chicken tasted smoked - it seems an obvious comment but isn't always true.

The brownie and icecream that I had for dessert was fine but not special, and the double espresso was a bit bitter. However I wouldn't let this detract from the enjoyment of the meal as a whole which was first rate. I wish I lived a bit nearer to Bromley so that it would be easier to go again in the future - I'll have to try their sister restaurant in Croydon.